www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

This topic is a little far fetched, but bear with me.

I keep having reoccurring dreams about two disc golf courses, in my city, that don't exist. You see, I'm from Grand Rapids, MI; and there are about 7 course in the greater area that my friends and I will frequent. In my dreams, I will say to them "Hey, lets go to T-Rex Hill or Maryland Park instead of the usual spots." Yup, that's right. I know the names of both of these 'dream' parks and I can even describe them to you in detail. Hell, I even know where they are located in 'dream' Grand Rapids. And when I say 'reoccurring', I mean that I have dreamt about both of these courses two nights in a row; and that was just last week.

Is there something wrong with my subconscious? Or something so right?

Do these courses actually exist somewhere in the world? And have I been having an out-of-body disc golf experience?

How do some of your disc golf dreams compare? 

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

lol! I'll post just to bump this and keep it on the front page! Good luck on your quest for enlightenment grasshopper....
As my dad used to say Smoke another one smokeyLol
I bummed, all my dreams consist of. Is me waking up while I'm throwing a disc in my sleep! Thank god I haven't smacked my girlfriend yet lol!!!
Hey, the Wright bros. had a dream, so did Mr. Harley and Mr. Davidson! Keep dreaming. Who knows, it may become a reallity!
Could be worse, my disc golf dreams generally involv half my discs being stolen.
maybe you will have an opportunity to design or build these.
Those are called nightmares, guys
My disc golf dreams (which make up the bulk of the dreams I actually remember) generally consist of senarios in which I lose my favorite beat-in discs--it usually involves large bodies of water on courses I have played
I wasnt going to say anything but Im having a dream like yours too. I even know its a real park but there is no course there. I drive by the park 2 days a week and think dang that would be a sweet course, but in my dream I am actually playing the course.
I know what you mean. Playing a course you have never played before, and may never play, is surreal. But my subconscious is very capable of dreaming up some pretty sick courses; so when you wake up from one of these dreams, it leaves something to be desired. What's even more of a teeze is when I am playing in one of my 'dream' courses, I will stumble upon a cache of lost disc with no names or numbers on them. Maybe all the discs that are being lost in everybody elses dreams are ending up in mine.
Putting across a small pond in Hawaii , to a basket just under the waterfalls !!!!
I'm from real Grand Rapids....just curious, where are they at?
Last spring, the night before a 1-day tournament, I had a dream that I won the tournament by aceing the 1st hole of a sudden death playoff. The next day, I finished the tournament tied for first with the same player from my dream the night before. Did not win on an ace though, I prevailed with birdie on the third hole of the playoff.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968