www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am writing an article on disc golf etiquette. I want to make sure I don't forget anything. Any suggestions on what to include?

Thanks

Views: 437

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

shenanigans are a must!
Stop blabbing about such and such while I'm trying to putt. Have your conversation later.

The other thing that gets me at our course is people who just yell "Fore" all the time. Don't just yell it when you are teeing off because you are going to throw on somebody. I just ignore it mostly because I hear it every two minutes. And don't throw until I've finished the hole. Better yet when you do yell give a specific like "Heads up on 5".
Always ask the group if it is alright to putt out (clean up) when you are close to the basket and you are not officially "out".
No Freaking Radios
Don't call someone for walking in ur line of sight while putting. Only to have ur phone ringing while I'm about to tee off!!
Big groups that don't make an effort to let people play through really get under my skin. I'm talking the 6-8 people kind. The 4 person kind is moderately better
An article on disc golf etiquette is a great idea, but I would like to see emphasis on the fact that etiquette is relative to where you play, generally by region and who you play with--while there are certainly rules that can be applied to all regions (such as farthest from the pin putts first, he who wins the last hole has the box, etc) but some are only observed in certain locations (such as radios, vast consumptions of libations, chatter at any time, etc)--to take it a step further, etiquette changes due to who you are playing with and the level of competition involved--how casual is casual? Should etiquette for any given round be established at the 1st tee?

I would like to hope that our counterculture sport does not have specific set of etiquette, with tournaments being the obvious exception...
Keep the group size to four. Counterculture sport or not, keeping the course flowing is key. The vast majority of discers have no desire to see folks getting off on mother nature in groups of six or eight. And if you are in those big groups let folks shoot through.
Don't Swear all the Time. We all have good and bad shots. Some guys swear the whole round seems like.
Amen to that. Four hour rounds should be outlawed--and they are the by-prouduct of large groups...
This weekend i played in my 2nd tourney, and i felt like a shmo laying down my mini marker disc in front of my putter that was 2 feet from the basket, and then placing my disc in the basket with a simple drop of my hand. 2 questions:

1. Is it ok to not use my mini marker when its in gimme range, less than 7 ft?
2. If i'm in Dunking range, like a leanover or less, can i smack the chains with my disc or do i have to let it rest in the bottom and take my hand off it?

I never thought about it much, cuz i take gimmes and swipe chains daily as i'm sure most do, but when it came tourney time, i crossed my T's and dotted my I's so i didn't earn an ignorant stroke, but some guys in the group just looked at me weird where others did as i did.
No, you always have to mark it and it HAS to come to rest in the chains or cage.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968