www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

http://wildfireapp.com/website/6/contests/56714

I posted a entry for this contest but I'm pleading for help on votes.  I have been trying to get this idea out of my head for a long time and I think that this is a great way to get it going.   The base idea is going to be sending a ton of disc golf merch to the troops overseas,  the basket, plastic, shirts..etc..   I have a friend who is a recruter and others that are ther and I would love to send some stuff over there so that they can get some game time in .   I know this is sorta a wierd format to do so but if you could spend the 5 minutes it'll take I think it would do some troops alot of good. and I would be very grateful.

Views: 23

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Helping the troops is always a good idea!
Ithink that is a awesome idea bra!It is a great way to relax ,socialize,and let loose a little bit for the troops on there little bit of free time. Hope your plan works tenfold!!!
Great idea, they are gonna need a break too if that freak show starts burning books in Florida.
Most of our military guys I have met could turn a disc into a pretty dangerous weapon... not guys to be trifled with... not at all...

and you are correct... the guy is a freak show... i'll leave it at that...
I voted for you!

GAME ON!
I thought about entering this contest myself, but I support your cause. I voted for you.
if you want to send some DG Merch. to the troops in Irac or Aftgan. Kabal my company World Airways takes the troops there every week, if you wanted to get some stuff there let me know.
That would be awesome jack, I will most definatly need your assistance on this. I got a buddy currenly in Iraq that ran a league here in MI whom is going to be there for at least the next 10 mos and I'm trying to get ahold of him to help on this project. Phase 2 of the dream include's asking other Disc Golf company's for merch as well finding out a way to use the cash re-embursement that innova is offering towards the troops entry fees once they get state side. Phase 3 might include asking fellow Disc Golfers to send me discs that they can either sign or write a "Thank You" message on the under side... or something along those lines.
I voted for you,have some clubs donate signed discs and include some club pictures also,Team Night Moose will donate.
Thanks Jon.. thats a great idea
.bump.
Why do you want to send our troops plastic shirts??

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968