www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

http://wildfireapp.com/website/6/contests/56714

I posted a entry for this contest but I'm pleading for help on votes.  I have been trying to get this idea out of my head for a long time and I think that this is a great way to get it going.   The base idea is going to be sending a ton of disc golf merch to the troops overseas,  the basket, plastic, shirts..etc..   I have a friend who is a recruter and others that are ther and I would love to send some stuff over there so that they can get some game time in .   I know this is sorta a wierd format to do so but if you could spend the 5 minutes it'll take I think it would do some troops alot of good. and I would be very grateful.

Views: 23

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

One of two reasons..

1, Sand.. it gets into everything and from what I hear it chafes..
and
C, G.I. Joe did it......
How about a contest to see how many people can send a letter to Congress pleaing to send our troops back home where they belong. Then the troops can throw a round with us here in the good ole USA. That is if you really want help any troops and their families.
Bump
I assume we can vote daily, correct?
Someone else felt the need to enter the contest under the same heading and idea.. Lame, but still it's the idea that is important...
Thats correct.... And encouraged
Am I the only one that wonders, "why the hell do our troops need DG gear?"
I agree with Dane, if you're going to waste your time and energy, do it by writing letters to congress pleading with them to stop trying to fix everyone else's problems, bring our troops home and focus on our own country/issues.
I'm sorry that I think this idea is stupid, it's just that DG has a time and place and international skermishes (or whatever you want to call it) just are not the time/place. Again, if we can get our politicians to pull their heads out of their... armpits then we may see some of our troops coming HOME and not have to worry if they are making up a DG course in the middle of a mine field.
I'm sure most will disagree with me, and that's ok, that's the best part of our young country. However, it is also the number 1 reason that politics, race and religion should not be discussed in public, online, or really anyplace that could offend someone's delicate sensabilities. Remember, opinions are like... armpits - everyone's got em and they all stink
graciously stepping down from my soapbox...
9 Days left for voting and you can vote once a day..
Noted...

However the fact of the matter is these troops are over there now. The more we show support for them in general the better we are as a nation. A little bit of home like mom's cookies is all we are trying to do here. Heck we don't even know if their higher ups will let them play DG out there. We just think it's a nobel effort. We understand that you feel it is a stupid cause, but frankly we feel it's not and will continue to do our part for our country through the thing we hold dear. Disc Golf.

Stepping off of my soap box in response.
I actually want to propose an idea to the Military, using plastic explosive discs with impact detonators shaped by Innova. This weapon can travel further than the traditional grenade. Also with more accuracy. Mattell toys did it with the M-16 assault rifle.
I wanted to give a update to this. Some of the local players and leagues donated some discs which they passed around to let everyone sign, and I will be shipping them out soon. I will hopefully get photos of some of the troops with the discs and a basket (that I’m currently trying to obtain). If anyone out there reads this and feels the urge to join in please PM me and let’s set something up.
I'm also trying to get the shipping address for other troops that play so we can send stuff out to more the one unit. So if you know of a troop or players in the service please ask them if they would like a care package of discs and also PM me their info and we can take it from there.
Thanks...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968