www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey Disc Golfers! 

If you're coming to or living in Asia, come play with the rapidly-growing Disc Golf commuity in South Korea.  We have courses in Seoul, Jingyo, Yeosu, Changwan and Jeju Island.  We'd love to have you join us for some golf and world-famous Korean hospitality!

Hope to see you in Korea!

Chaz

Views: 1365

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Brad,

There's a group of Koreans that play once in awhile in Busan, and I can put you in touch if you want, but they speak almost no English, so it'd be better to have someone translate the emails for you. Then there's my three courses in Jingyo, just an hour from you. (20 min west of Jinju) Come play with my some weekend!

Best, Chaz
Hey Michael,

Did you get the announcement that the tourney dates have been changed? From Oct 23rd to Nov 13---same location. Can you still make it? Have any friends that you want to introduce to the sport; they'll be lots of newbies there!?

Best,
Chaz
p.s. can you give me your email so we can communicate directly?
Hey Chaz,

Nope I didn't get the announcement, but I'm sure Nov. 13 will be fine for me. As far as introducing people, I've been promoting like crazy, but no takers as of yet. My email is upshaw.michael@gmail.com so we don't have to go through this every time.

Talk to you later
Hello everyone
Does anyone live in the Gimhae/Changwon area?

I've been hoping to connect with someone that is around that likes to play disc golf. It would encourage more to get out and play. I have lived in Jangyu for about 4 months now. I also like playing guitar and jamming. So if anyone likes to play instruments/jam/ chill type thing, also let me know.
hope to hear from someone. peaceoutyo
Hey Ryan,

I'm sorry you missed the Korean National tourney too, but it was postponed until Nov 13th---just last weekend! It was great; over 80 players, (many young kids, in the Junior division) and almost 20 foreigners. And, it was especially sweet for me cuz I took first place in the Pro division! So now I am Korea's DG Ambassador AND Champion!

OK, there is a big club in Busan ( http://cafe.daum.net/fitness73KPDGABusan ) but they don't play regularly, especially now in winter. The website is only Korean--you can get one of your Korean friends to help translate and get access to the site. (you have to join and be approved)

Also, there's probably going to be a tourney in Seoul in Dec---I'll letcha know. Perhaps we could coordinate travel it you want to go.

However, the absolute best bet if you want to play soon is to COME TO JINGYO and play a few rounds here. The bus ride from Busan to here in less than an hour and a half, so I'm pretty sure it would be the same for you. You might have to go to Busan and then to Jingyo.

Let me know...

Best,
Chaz
p.s. please give me your email so we can connect directly...
awww sad. Last weekend would have worked for me perfectly. bummed out.
BUT thank you for the reply. I do have easy access to the Gimhae bus station which I know has a route to Jinju regularly. I would love to come out and meet up and play. I've been itching to play. bad, haha. Any weekend in the next 2 I think would work. I was hoping to see if other foreigners around this area would contact and want to go. I think it would be fun. I've asked almost all the foreigners in my area about it. Only a couple have heard of it and played, but both seemed uninterested. Are there any other regulars that you play with?
Either way the bus to Jinju is about an hour and 15 mins. Which isnt bad at all. I work late on Fridays, so I would probably take a Saturday morning bus. And hopefully something could work out.
my e-mail is: rtkaczor@live.com
thanks a lot.
Hey Ryan,

I'm pretty sure the Gimhae depot has a direct bus to Jingyo. I go to Daegu the next two Saturdays, but I could do Sundays, or Sat the 11th.

I'll send an email.

Nest, Chaz

Hello Chaz, I am a US resident currently living in Shanghai, China. I am coming to Seoul this upcoming weekend and would love to get in some disc golf in if possible. I arrive Friday afternoon on April  15th, 2011 and leave Sunday night. I don't have any discs with me, but would have no problem buying one if that can be accomplished. I am partial to Tee Birds, but I'll take anything with this short notice. I have played a lot of courses in Southern California and North Carolina, would love to see what disc golf is like in Asia. Please send me an e-mail if you get the chance. The wife and I will be staying at Shilla in Seoul if that helps for closest place to find course. hunghua@yahoo.com is my e-mail

Thanks in advance

John

Hey John,

You can contact Sung Kim at:

sb918kim20@hotmail.com or 010-3996-1719.

I'm a long way from Seoul, so I'll miss ya this time, but hope you can connect with the Seoul Club.

Also, there's a guy a met at the Japan Open who lives somewhere in China and would probably be stoked to find there's another DGer there---I'll see if I can find his contact info---get back to me to remind me if you haven't heard in a couple weeks...

Best,
Chaz

ps I'm sure someone would lend you a disc or two, but be forewarned---they use all underweight discs there...

Hello!

I'm here on a business trip from the 13 thru the 18 and found this posting about Disc Golf here in Seoul. Too bad I didnt bring my Discs along since I didnt find any courses on the PDGA site. Can anyone give me some info about the local courses? Please email me at lopezjmr@gmail.com or ctpm64@motorola.com or call me at 847-772-6286.

Thanks and I hope to hear from someone soon.

Juan

I don't know much about the DG scene in Seoul, but it is more likely than other places.  Chaz is the best source of info.  We both live on the southern end of the country so ... we won't make it up there.  good luck.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968