www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey Disc Golfers! 

If you're coming to or living in Asia, come play with the rapidly-growing Disc Golf commuity in South Korea.  We have courses in Seoul, Jingyo, Yeosu, Changwan and Jeju Island.  We'd love to have you join us for some golf and world-famous Korean hospitality!

Hope to see you in Korea!

Chaz

Views: 1410

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Daniel/Ryan- (since this seems to be a three-way dialogue!)

Yah, I'm excited too, and playing with some pros! Daniel, if you're were never below 960, you'll kick my hiney, and Ryan, I'm not sure where you're at, but it don't matter: I can hold my own with any group if golfers, and just look forward to the English-speaking company and comaraderie!

The best thing to do, guys, is just contact when when you're here, and I'll put you in touch with the Busan Club, and you can find out the best parks to play there and hook up with them if you want. LOTS of opportunity for coaching--they'd f_____g love it! We can also arrange for you guys to come to Jingyo to play the two courses I have built. (again, one 18 and one 9) The nine is the primo location, and I definitely could use some other eyes and experience to help improve it and add another 9... And definitley bring your Ching portable! The portables they use in Busan were manufactued by the Seoul Guys and are REALLY bad baskets!

My email is chazburton@hotmail.com and cell is 010-4489-4056. Look forward to getting sweaty and dirty with ya! (summer's coming, and its gonna get hot quick here...)

Best, Chaz
Hey Ryan-
I replied to your and Daniel's posts together...
Chaz
Thanks for sharing that is sweet!
That is so awesome! I can't wait for this to be a global sport...meaning in every country.
Aloha,

Hey, I can't remember the gentleman's name, but my friends and I met and played a few rounds with a visiting Disc Golfer from South Korea last year (2009). This guy was an older gentlemen, but was up for playing as many rounds as possible when he was here last year.
Hey Sean-we're working on it...!
Hey Allen,

Most likey, its Kim Sung Bae you're referring to. (Sung Kim) His family lives is SoCal, and he visits a lot and play La Mirada, which is how he started his Odyssey of introducing DG to Korea....

Best, Chaz
Hey! I found out that I should be leaving for the Busan area the end of July...well 22nd or so.
So hopefully If i bring my discs they can get some use...hope everything fits.!
I hope the Japan Open is going well!
Hope to hear from those in South Korea soon. I'm getting my things together and making lists of what I need to bring.
If you ARE one of those in Korea...what should I MAKE SURE i bring. i mean, if there is a small list you cold give me, i would appreciate it.

Knowing more makes it all more understandable, easier, etc.
so, thanks
hope to meet up sometime. peaceout
Chaz and fellow disc golfers in South Korea,

I just arrived in South Korea. I will be in Seoul, Yongsan to be more specific, for the next year and looking for disc golf in the area. I play on strictly a recreational level, having never even played a game where I kept score. I only have one disc with me currently, but have the rest of my discs and a portale goal coming with my household goods. Any information you could share with where I might be able to play near Yongsan would be appriciated. Thank you.

Frank
Hey Ryan,

At Narita Airport in Tokyo after a GNARLY tourney!!! (the Asians are sadist--REALLY tough course!) But one of the most amazingly hospitable events of my life--Shimbosan of Hero Discs does a truly miraculous job of welcoming the players and giving them experiences of a lifetime! Please, do yourself an enormous favor and GO next time!

OK, what to bring:

-discs, of course (there's a very limited supply here--all 150 class)
-adapters for your electronic devices
-some of your favorite: comfort foods, cigs, toiletries, etc--many will be hard to find here
-DON'T bring too many books, as you can get most here, (what the book.com) except your favorite teaching/curriculum books (you ARE teaching here, yes?)

Can't think of anything else now, but if I do, I'll letcha know...

Chaz
Hey Frank-

GIve me your email and I'll pass it on to Kim Sung Bae, in Seoul about playing there. There's a number of foreigners that play as well, and I'll pass it on to them as well. And don't forget to come down to Jingyo (20 min west of Jinju) and play the TWO courses we have here...

Chaz

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968