www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I just started taking disc seriously this year and Im still a littleunfamiliar with all the lingo. I thought it would be a good topic for noobs also to see what different terminology people use for the same meaning

Views: 26

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

also a big one you'll hear is

Mando: meaning usually a Tree or some other object like a telephone phone that marks out of bounds instead of a path or a creek, etc.
Scooby- A shoot, thrown upside down at the ground that hits and skips under an obstacle.

Your right about the golf lingo though.... a lot of people don't know what par, birdy or bogey are. I learned playing Tiger Woods Golf...
Turnover is a disc thrown flat that turns to the right for RHBH or mirror image if thrown LHBH. Same goes for forehand drives. A turnover is different than an anhyzer in that a turnover is thrown flat and an anhyzer is thrown in an arching motion similar to that of a rainbow. But to be very general turnover is similar to that of an anhyzer.
Par is whatever the hole calls for: either 3, 4, or 5. If you get the hole in that many strokes it is par. Bogie is one over par, double is 2 over, and triple is 3 over par.
Close, but an s-turn, flex shot, helix, swayze (synonymous terms) is a disc that goes right and then comes back left (opposite for LHBH or RHFH). This shot can be performed with an overstable or understable disc.

RHBH: Right Hand Backhand
LHBH: Left Hand Backhand
RHFH: Right Hand Forehand
LHFH: Left hand Forehand

Usually when you hear of disc flight and/or disc flight when people throw, they're usually speaking of RHBH.
For us, shank can mean any kind of screwed up shot, it's not direction specific.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968