www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Episode 34 of Disc Golf Live video magazine is in the mail to our broadcast partners and stations across the country, and uploaded to PEGmedia.org for our file-sharing broadcasters.  Folks in communities large and small across the country will be treated to some great stories about our favorite sport. 

We're not about preaching to the converted at Disc Golf Live (there are enough folks working on that).  Our goal is to bring the game to new people and places, and when established golfers can catch the show, that's a bonus.  If you have public or community access TV in your town, tune in and watch for contact info or details on what it takes to bring a TV show to your community,  then drop us a line  We send out our broadcast DVDs for free and fund downloading as well.  If any of you are feeling particularly generous and want to help us grow the sport, we offer a Home version of the show to our subscribers.  More info at www.discgolflive.com.  Here's some info about the latest episode:

We titled this one “Dial M for Disc Golf” to acknowledge the four featured locations: Michigan, Massachusetts, Minnesota, and Missouri. 
We start with our own piece from the mitten, as we explore a festive game
locals call Dirty Dollars.  (You’ll like
the sweet ace we caught!).   We shift to New Bethel, Minnesota for a battle
between experience and youth as we take in a bit of Billy Crump’s latest Clash
DVD, featuring the Blue Ribbon Pines course. 
Heading East, Steve Dodge out in Leicester, MA, checks in with a fitting
homage to Barry Schultz’ winning play at the ’09 Vibram Open.    To wrap things up, we revisit last summer’s
PDGA World Championships in KC, Missouri as we take in action from the Men’s
Masters Division.  

Best regards,

Joe Wander

Producer and Editor

Disc Golf Live video magazine

Bringing DG to TV one community at a time

Tags: Clash, PDGA, TV, Vibram, Worlds, broadcast, community, publicity, television, video

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

SWEET! Hook me up!
I've caught the show a couple times but can never figure what time it's on. I checked the link you posted on another site.
Fwiw- channel 14 for Livonia mi.
Should get that puppy in a day or so, Rick. If the USPS still delivers in CA, at least.

How's that battle for your course going? Talk about your custerflucks.
H, Ryan - No doubt, a lot of these stations don't have websites and/or posted schedules. Check out the On Demand local stuff, if you have it. One of my contacts in Livonia gets the show uploaded for on demand viewing.
For folks interested in watching a full episode of Disc Golf Live, here's a link to a station which streams the program:

http://www.upnorthmedia.org/watchupnorthtv.asp?SDBFid=1615#vid

Thanks for Todd Lewis for bringing Disc Golf Live to 10 counties in Northern Michigan.

Joe
Maybe you guys could help the live Memorial producer get the final round archived , he needs help. He is over 2WEEKS LATE. o yea and thank you for all your hard work , Seriously.
Thanks for the kind words, Steve. Thanks but no thanks on getting involved in the Memorial situation, I've got a TV show to produce...

You're in Boise? Check out your station:

http://www.tvctvonline.org/

If you and other local players want some DG on TV, your station is there and DGL would play, no problem. Looks like they've got some training required (minimal) and some modest fees to join, but I'll set you up with DVDs of my shows at no cost. If you think someone in your local club is interested, talk it over and see how to get things taken care of. DG on TV will really help with public awareness amongst folks in the area, even if they're not players they'll come to know the game. Hopefully the club could cover the minimal station costs.

Let me know what you think.

Take care,

Joe
Joe's videos are wonderful. If you can, talk with him about getting your local cable public access to show them. Here in Ann Arbor, they've been on the air that way for years and it is amazing how often people say, "Disc goof, oh, yeah, I saw that on TV." It's made a big difference.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968