www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

As we all know ESPN is supposedly not interested in Disc Golf. However, the television station Versus is notorious for picking up sports ESPN doesn't want such as Hockey or Bull Riding.

The Sports biggest current problem with lack of people interested in watching. Therefore I propose the following in order to get more recognition for disc golf.

Every person that is interested in getting Disc Golf to the nationally televised level. Everyone that wants large corporations to start sponsoring major events. Everyone that loves this great game we call disc golf. Send a letter signed by a notary public to versus television about how you want to see disc golf on television. Send your letters to the follwoing address:

Versus Television
Comcast Center
One Comcast Center
Philadelphia, PA 19103

If we get as many people to send letter as we got with people voting on the weather.com poll we have a good chance of seeing disc golf tournaments on versus in the future.

If you are saying to yourself "it will not work" I have this to say to you. What does it cost you to do? Who does it hurt? Postage and a trip to the bank to have the letter signed. Most tournaments you will spend $40+ on entry, food, discs, etc. This is something that has the potiential to be a great asset to our game. Please lend us your pens and become part of the movement!

Tags: Disc, Golf, Television, Tournament, Tournaments, VS, Versus, ace, am, amateur, More…birdie, par, pro, professional

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Why should it be signed by a notary? Having it notarized doesn't prove anything to the recipient.
Having it signed by a notary does a few things.

1) It shows that the person sending the letter is serious about what they are writing.
2) It shows that all the letters they will be recieving are not all from a few individuals making multiple mailings but rather from a larger base of people that want to see Disc Golf on television

kcbrez009 said:
Why should it be signed by a notary? Having it notarized doesn't prove anything to the recipient.
I'll buy item #1, but not necessarily item #2. Thanks for answering.

4U2NV said:
Having it signed by a notary does a few things.

1) It shows that the person sending the letter is serious about what they are writing.
2) It shows that all the letters they will be recieving are not all from a few individuals making multiple mailings but rather from a larger base of people that want to see Disc Golf on television

kcbrez009 said:
Don't get me wrong I like the idea, but do you think it's too soon? The reason I ask is because nearly everyone I've talked to in every location I'm moved to has no idea what Disc Golf is. I will say that most people do find it interesting when I talk about it, but do you think there are enough players to get something like this going? I'll do my part with no complaint; it's just something to think about...

One of the other post was talking about trying to get Disc Golf in the Olympics. Personally I think that this is a better bet than getting it on VS. as of right now. The fact that millions upon millions watch the Olympics, so to get it there would create a huge awareness of the sport. And just think if that happened it would be that much easier to get it on something like VS. Just a few thoughts to consider. I just think that we, as a Disc Golf community, should focus our efforts on 1 or at least only a couple of awareness building event/activities. Seeing as how the Olympics could actually happen (give me a break they have curling), I think we should focus on that the most. Any takers?
I like the idea. I think it may take putting the horse before the cart to get disc golf the recon it deserves. If eating competitions are televised then disc golf should be...bottom line. I will be sending a letter to ComKizzle.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968