www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I was considering starting to get some great disc golf photos, some of action and some of scenery(disc golf related).  I was wondering if anyone would be interested in that or if you think people would purchase photos.  Please tell me your thoughts on this and let me know what types of photos you think would be best sellers.

Views: 176

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I know that I wish that there was someone taking pictures of tournaments.

I partook in a Tournament here in Florida several ears back.

There were a couple of people that were taking pictures of the groups.

The pictures consisted of driving, approach, and putting. Plus group pictures etc.

It was a business that charged for the pictures.

I bought into it.

Now there are some amateur photographers, they give their web pages

and if you like what you saw you just copied and pasted.

Either way, I think your idea would be a valuable tool for your area.

Thank you very much for your input.

go for it,,i have a buddy that takes pics at tourneys and monthlys,,but post them to club pages and club facebook pages,and folks can just take them from there,,so your printing cost would be the money that you would need to recoup.some of his work.

Very cool.  Thank you!!!

There is a guy I know that ask for either $100 to take pictures all day, or paid entry to take photo's before and after rounds and at lunch. To Me its worth the free entry fee to have them there snapping pics.

Oh, that is a great idea.  I really like that.  That would be awesome to do if I was gonna play in the tourney.  Thank you.

I think you have a great idea, with limitless possibilities depending on your marketing ideas. I recently used my camera in high speed continuous mode to shoot my son during a drive off the tee pad. Many of the shots were great, but it was also useful to "flip through" the photos on a computer (almost like slow speed stop video) to reveal whether he was in good form with his delivery.

As far as selling, I would certainly buy a photo of me with a disc as it just leaves my hand or a disc just as it comes in contact with the basket chains. You could probably create photo ID bag tags, group photos should also sell pretty well. As goofy as it sounds, you could get some life size cardboard "disc golf celebrities" and have people pose with them at a specific hole. Maybe create a photo sticker that can be applied to a mini-disc.

Good luck with your venture, I think you'll find a market out there for photographs.

Oh wow, those are some really great ideas.  Thank you so much for that.  I really like your idea to look at the continuous shots to make sure form is good.  Maybe that will also help me be a better disc golfer.  :)  I also really like the photo ID bag tag idea and I definitely agree that group photos would be a high seller.  Neat idea for disc golf celebrities too.  :)  Thanks again for all of the great ideas and support.

You owe us all free photos if you ever catch us in the action ;)

Paid entry fee along with additional side pay for Ace,ctp,etc would be something to consider.One would probably have to have a few set holes for such shots.Random taking of the entire course would get better relaxed form from players,knowing that it was not a "posed" shot.That might have the player trying to hard for that great shot with the possibility of a bad throw.

Problem with prepaid is how well that shot is taken and if the player is able to recognize themselves.Then again the prepay for Ace,ctp,etc doesn't actually mean one will/might collect,but that's the chance one takes,also builds up the pot for the big extra collection.

Bag tag picture of disc golfer is a good idea as mentioned.Might want to also consider something on the order of a "baseball card" picture.This was done a few years back for some of the pros,but hey why not the bragging rights for the nonpro players as well.Best of luck,see ya on the fairway.

A free photo for each would be possible if I ever catch you in action and more great ideas from mr ed.  Thank you.  Yes, most likely I was thinking random and then having a website for people to see and decide if they wanted to purchase.  I was thinking it would be great to start out donating a picture to some tournaments for one of the prizes to start out.  I love the baseball card idea and yeah the prepaid would definitely be a tough sell at the beginning cause you never know what type of photos will be taken until after the fact.  Thanks again for all of the ideas and thoughts.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968