www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Which state in the continental US is the best "disc golf" state? In other words which state contains a numerous amount of properly designed and built courses along with multiple disc retailers and a community that is out to advance and promote the best sport in the world?

Views: 99

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

WI all the way!!!!
Wisconsin by far. if you want to play one of the most challenging, and by far the most breath takingly beautiful courses in the world, come to Sparta, WI and play justin trails. it has two course, little brother and BIG brother. big brother only takes about 4 hours to play, no biggie ;) i don't care where you are from, you absolutely NEED to play this course for your disc golf life to be complete
i'll put in a good word on WI too. i haven't played all that many, but aside from justin trails, there's highbridge gold, sandy point resort, and vallarta-ast aka token creek. all professionally maintained and designed. i'm sure there's others, i'm pretty new from CO, so i'm sure ben here could elaborate a bit more. any other badgers--chime in!
it doesnt get better than wisco said it before and i will say it again!! BEP and standing rocks are another two that are beautifully designed and maintained
heresay? arrr walk the plank yar scoundrel
auto correct on chrome.
I should have known this was going to become a mid-western pissing match...

Pissing match? all i see if friendly discussion

Why don't we come up with a formula everyone can live withand run the numbers, lets take the bias out of it.

all i see are little dribbles comin from your end so why don't you stroke up and give it some thrust? ha ha

i'd put in a good word on CO too, lots of long challenging courses in the denver-metro area alone and many more in the mountains, the south, the north, and east. bird's nest in jefferson county is a dune-style prairie course with scattered trees and water making for a really long, tough course. i love it, and it's one of my favorites.

the fact is the discussion isn't about to decisively choose one state that is the best. that's why it's a discussion, and the courses in the midwest that are mentioned, i'm sure are amazing courses that could stack up against ones in all areas of the u.s.

every place, every course, every hole is different and have their respective pros and cons, but who's to really say what is good and bad. all i know is that i've gotten to hear about courses across the nation that people enjoy, and that is certainly something of value. maybe i'll go to one of these courses when i'm the area just because i heard it in this discussion. maybe you will. or maybe a kid in indonesia will travel to america specifically to live out his disc golf dream in florida as a result of this thread.

so whistle a tune, give it some height, and let that stream flow. give the kid from indonesia some hope

who said pissing matches can't be friendly?

You'd NEVER get everyone to agree on a formula.  What's good climate?  Bad climate?  What's more important---the number of courses, the average quality of courses, or the quality of the top courses?  Does the tournament scene matter a lot---or not at all?

And then you'd have to decide what's a "quality" course, or a good tournament scene.

No, I say let's debate---civilly---based on our own preferences!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968