www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Which state in the continental US is the best "disc golf" state? In other words which state contains a numerous amount of properly designed and built courses along with multiple disc retailers and a community that is out to advance and promote the best sport in the world?

Views: 79

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

have you been to AK? 

I have to say it's either Oregon or Washington. The amount of disc'rs up there and how well kept the course are, it's great! Also the courses are some of the best most challenging  course I've played.

Plus you counld play year round up there. We have some great courses in Cal, but it's the quantity or the long drives to play alot of them that brings it down the list.

in my opinion it has to be Florida. in the Tampa/St. Pete area alone, there are an abundance of great courses like Cliff Stevens, Coachman, Maximo, North Watertower, Lakeview etc, all within a half hour or so of each other. some of them are within minutes of each other. there is also clearwater disc golf store and sun king in that radius too. shit, you can walk into a CVS around there and buy plastic. its pretty crazy

Maine is wicked as well, their are loads and loads of courses up there. We're doing another long golf weekend up there this summer. We hit about 3 courses a day last time.

Sabattus Disc Golf was the most amazing course I've played to date! Of course I'm here in Saratoga Springs, I love Hyzer Creek but it's not no sabattus!

I don't know about state but Denver, Colorado has about 30 courses in a 50 mile radius of the city. Sounds like a pretty good DG community. I probably would not be able to keep a job though....

I hear Austin, Texas is good, except for the being in Texas part...

I wouldn't mind living near the PDGA International HQ courses.

haha, hey now!!

the DFW area of Texas has a really strong community as well as Austin.

I kinda hate threads like this, but as long as no one gets too bent,haha.I gotta give a hand to all the club members and TD's around the whole country that put in the time and effort to continuously grow the sport at the local level .

it's the players that invite a noob to come to a club mini and encourage them that are the true ambassadors of our sport.

No matter what part of the country :)

the courses in the denver area are alright, there was snow when i was there so the mtn courses were closed, which was fine tho cause i spent a few days boarding in breck. I really didnt like the whole state wide club thing with no small local clubs though and the rest of the state is flat and boring so i say no to CO for disc golf.

Johnny Roberts Memorial was really fun though

See that this discussion is biased.

Not because of intentions, only because most that post here have not left their own state.

I live in Florida. We play ALL YEAR LONG.....

With challenging and new courses going in as I speak....

Been to Minnesota, Michigan, Delaware, Pennsylvania, New York, South Carolina, throughout Florida.

I'd hate to say this but there really is not any Best state for disc golf.

All have their positives and negatives.

Know for a fact that Florida has more existing "World Champions than any other."

This might tell you something.

Hey, go out there and when you travel, bring your disc golf bag and check them out along the way.

yeah, but take away Kenny and where does it stand? Give any state him and they are automatically 1st. Just sayin.

of course this discussion will be biased, i still like to see what kind of responses i get and also enjoy seeing the dgers who really pride themselves on the success of their respective states in making disc golf bigger and better

I'm just messin' with the Texas boys... It's fun to watch them get all riled up.

I've been so lucky. Back in the day (80's)I lived in Orlando and there were plenty of courses. Went to school at UF and there were a couple of courses there. Then went to Western Kentucky in Bowling Green and there was 4 courses in that town. (I hear there's more now) Plus the courses around Nashville.

Fredericksburg is not too bad, 2 courses here. (4 private courses that are a little bit of a pain to go to) Richmond is not bad and there are plenty of nice courses within an hours drive.

But it's nothing compared to living in Florida all those years. I was just a few miles from Barnett Park and some days go out there and see Klimo play. (If you were real lucky get to join in on a round every now and then)

Cool, but playing with Climo would be sweet. Don't know about Klimo? Is he a new gun to the scene ;)

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968