www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Which state in the continental US is the best "disc golf" state? In other words which state contains a numerous amount of properly designed and built courses along with multiple disc retailers and a community that is out to advance and promote the best sport in the world?

Views: 108

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Can't wait to see some responses on this.  I'm bored enough, I'll move!

Oh, and I can guarantee you it's NOT Montana... sigh... although there's plenty of potential here, for sure.

California is pretty damn good...

oregon is very good too!

MICHIGAN!
Cali, Michigan, Texas, Missouri...

Anywhere in the midwest is good, at least anywhere with a little elevation.

If the weather was a little less erratic (at least for the last 3 years or so) I would give it to Minnesota , Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois or Michigan. The City would depend on what your looking for specifically. Milwaukee, the twin citys, Chicago and the couple metro areas in Michigan have great golf (variety and challenge)and density for big citys. Or you could live in a small town and in the center of any of those states and be no more then two hours drive from 80-90+ courses. Edge : draw, Wisconsin/Michigan

All of these states have strong united golf community's, I would give the edge here to Michigan with Minnesota and Wisconsin right behind them.

As far as beauty goes, sorry Iowa and Illinois but your states suck in this department. While Michigan has great lakes on 3 sides of it, Minnesota has 10,000 lakes. But here I have to go with Wisconsin with its 15,200+ lakes and 25,000+ miles of rivers. Add to that the bluffs in the south and eastern parts of the state and the hardwood forests that cover the north half plus borders formed by the 2 best great lakes. Edge here definitly Wisconsin thanks to the glaciers. The UP of M is a strong 2nd.

top 10 IMHO:

1 Wisconsin

2 Michigan

3 Texas

4 So Carolina

5 Georgia

6 Colorado

7 Minnesota

8 KC area (Kan,Mo)

9 California

10 Oregon.....

46 Alaska

47 Hawaii

48 Montana

49 new jersey, (Ha Ha, jerseys so trashy my auto correct doesn't even want to capitalize it)

50 Vermont?

bottom five was more fun to pick.

I have to say it's either Oregon or Washington. The amount of disc'rs up there and how well kept the course are, it's great! Also the courses are some of the best most challenging  course I've played.

Plus you counld play year round up there. We have some great courses in Cal, but it's the quantity or the long drives to play alot of them that brings it down the list.

in my opinion it has to be Florida. in the Tampa/St. Pete area alone, there are an abundance of great courses like Cliff Stevens, Coachman, Maximo, North Watertower, Lakeview etc, all within a half hour or so of each other. some of them are within minutes of each other. there is also clearwater disc golf store and sun king in that radius too. shit, you can walk into a CVS around there and buy plastic. its pretty crazy

Iowa sucks for DG unless your in Des Moines or a college town attending school.  There are very nice courses scattered around, but long drives through nothing but corn-ic scenery almost require stimulants.  This is my slogan as a jaded Iowan (jaded except for when the Hawkeyes are doing good) -

"Iowa - at least we're not Nebraska.  Or Kansas, for that matter.  Hell, we could be Montana.  Just deal with it."

Maine is wicked as well, their are loads and loads of courses up there. We're doing another long golf weekend up there this summer. We hit about 3 courses a day last time.

Sabattus Disc Golf was the most amazing course I've played to date! Of course I'm here in Saratoga Springs, I love Hyzer Creek but it's not no sabattus!

I don't know about state but Denver, Colorado has about 30 courses in a 50 mile radius of the city. Sounds like a pretty good DG community. I probably would not be able to keep a job though....

I hear Austin, Texas is good, except for the being in Texas part...

I wouldn't mind living near the PDGA International HQ courses.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968