www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Which state in the continental US is the best "disc golf" state? In other words which state contains a numerous amount of properly designed and built courses along with multiple disc retailers and a community that is out to advance and promote the best sport in the world?

Views: 93

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Michigan has hosted worlds multiple times- 2001 in ann arbor area, 2008 in lansing area. Both pro/am worlds.
Doesn't matter where you play as long as the weather is nice !!!!
I like that Michigan has sereral huge clusters of dg scenes.
While I respect nc and tx for great clusters, and other mention worthys like atl, ia, az, and fl....what it really comes down to is that you are all hillbillies...so mi wins;)
I did like the Course in Addison Oaks Michigan , where I played the Pro Worlds there in 1992 !  Is that course still there ?
Yep, just be sure to get a pass. They are extremely strict on ticketing. My first time I drove to the park, then had to back track to the partystore for a pass.

Also, thanks for mentioning 92, I knew there was at least three worlds here, but couldn't remember that one.
you suck iowans r proud of their courses

So I'll add those states mentioned here to visit /play.Thanks.

My staycation is looking just fine for my backyard baskets.I'll drive to the local  PIA store for disc purchase,play my local dgc 15 min away,visit/play those dgc's that are within a 75 mile trip.check out Sun King discs up the road for more variety and hopefully meet up with fellow dger's on their course.it's going to be a busy week.hit chains everyone.

ps: pissing contests are only fun in the snow,besides it might land one in jail for lewd behavior ;>}

This chart is a joke right. DE near the top? I lived and played there and while its ok there are like 9 courses there. FL 4 from the end Really come on. I live in florida now and the DC here is 100 times better.
no you have it right. i was pointing out a funny homophone ha ha
have you been to AK? 
I was referring to pro worlds, and thanks for the correction -- actually it was 3 times pro worlds:  Detroit 1992, Ann Arbor 2000, Kalamazoo 2008.

Come to my hometown and look at the crap we have to play on.  Better yet, tomorrow, I'll make a youtube video of Phinney Park DG course in Fort Dodge.  You'll get a nice view of hole one, which runs parallel to a 12' barbed wire fence.  Hook your shot, your disc is now property of the FD water treatment plant.  Then hole 2, with it's breathtaking 13" wide dirt fairway surrounded by deep rough.  3' + tall weeds.  So if you don't land on the fairway, hope you brought a machete, otherwise that disc is gone.  Hole 3 - well, that one is kinda fun.  So is 4.  Holes 5-7 are unplayable.  You do not know where to throw, there are steep dropoffs and broken bridges, 4'+ tall weeds.

I contacted the guy who designed this course, we spoke for quite awhile.  He said he wanted to build a course where players could "air it out".  Well, good luck with that in thick forest.  "Oh wow, look at it go - oh shit, tree.".  I proposed to him we move the baskets to an all but abandoned 9-hole ball golf course owned by the city.  He said he wanted to add 4 more holes to the waste of space that his retarded design has always been.   Since that conversation, which I have told many DG'ers hoping they would share my frustration, two of the baskets from the deep woods have been jimmied from their concrete bases and stolen.  I doubt the guy even knows. 

Sad thing is, he's a friggin' chiropractor.  I am going to make this video of the course.  Once you see it you will question how any one with a GED would make such a completely unplayable waste of time and money. 

Go Hawkeyes.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968