www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Please edit or add own to the list. Hope this help some of the newer disc golfers on this site.

RHBH- Right Hand Back Hand

LHBH- Left Hand Back Hand

RHFH- Right Hand Forehand

LHFH- Left Hand Forehand

Hyzer(Over stable) - the natural turn of the disc as it flies, RHBH disc goes from center line to the left  

Anhyzer(Under stable)- Disc flies opposite of natural flight RHBH disc flies from center line to the right

HSS- High Speed Stability- The way the disc flies at high speeds, beginning of flight after release

LSS- Low Speed Stability- The way the disc flies a low speeds, seen near end of a disc flight

Hyzer Spike- A disc thrown with extra height on a hyzer line, used when throwing over objects

Anhyzer Spike- Disc thrown with extra height on an Anhyzer line, high risk of cut roll

Grenade- Disc thrown with thumb on inner rim, disc is released on a high line to throw over objects

Scoobie- Disc thrown so it lands on it top plate and slide upside down, used to throw under objects

Hyzer Flip- Disc thrown on Hyzer line that rotates into a Anhyzer line, Used for tight fairways

Helix (S shot,Flex shot)- Disc thrown on an Anhyzer line then rotates back into a hyzer line, Used for long distance or to throw around objects. 

Skip shot- Disc thrown with an attended skip at the end, used to avoid off the ground objects or extra low speed Hyzer

Turn Over- Disc thrown that rotates into an Anhyzer line

Flippy- Most often used to describe an understable disc, a disc that will almost always turn Anhyzer

Overhand - Shot where the disc is thrown in a baseball pitch motion (over the head) 

Thumber- Overhand Shot where the disc is thrown with thumb on inside of rim

Tomahawk- Overhand shot where the disc is thrown with thumb on top plate, much like forehand grip.

Roller- A disc that lands on its outer edge producing a roll, used for distance and accuracy.

Forehand Roller- Disc more often will roll straight and finish to the left (RHFH)

Backhand Roller- Disc more often will land straight and finish right (RHBH)

Thumb Roller- Disc thrown with thumb on inside rim with an overhead motion, disc should finish left (RHBH)

Cut Roller- disc land at a sharp angle causing disc to roll wildly to the side, not often used on purpose but can be used in some situations 

Views: 362

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hahaha Nice

Feel free to right a better definition for me and I will edit it out. It was one of those I had trouble describing. I always called it a slider until I was told it's a scoobie.

http://www.discgolfstation.com/Lightning-2-Helix-Driver_p_74.html

Look at the image on this disc, it shows an S shaped shot. That where I got the term Helix from. The only time I have seen a disc spiral overhand was the epic, and I just called that shot BS lol

RHBH- Right Hand Back Hand

LHBH- Left Hand Back Hand

RHFH- Right Hand Forehand

LHFH- Left Hand Forehand

Hyzer(Over stable) - the natural turn of the disc as it flies, RHBH disc goes from center line to the left  

Anhyzer(Under stable)- Disc flies opposite of natural flight RHBH disc flies from center line to the right

HSS- High Speed Stability- The way the disc flies at high speeds, beginning of flight after release

LSS- Low Speed Stability- The way the disc flies a low speeds, seen near end of a disc flight

Hyzer Spike- A disc thrown with extra height on a hyzer line, used when throwing over objects

Anhyzer Spike- Disc thrown with extra height on an Anhyzer line, high risk of cut roll

Grenade- Disc thrown with thumb on inner rim, disc is released on a high line to throw over objects

Scoobie- Disc thrown so it lands on it top plate and slide upside down, used to throw under objects

Hyzer Flip- Disc thrown on Hyzer line that rotates into a Anhyzer line, Used for tight fairways

Helix (S shot,Flex shot)- Disc thrown on an Anhyzer line then rotates back into a hyzer line, Used for long distance or to throw around objects. 

Skip shot- Disc thrown with an attended skip at the end, used to avoid off the ground objects or extra low speed Hyzer

Turn Over- Disc thrown that rotates into an Anhyzer line

Flippy- Most often used to describe an understable disc, a disc that will almost always turn Anhyzer

Overhand - Shot where the disc is thrown in a baseball pitch motion (over the head) 

Thumber- Overhand Shot where the disc is thrown with thumb on inside of rim

Tomahawk- Overhand shot where the disc is thrown with thumb on top plate, much like forehand grip.

Roller- A disc that lands on its outer edge producing a roll, used for distance and accuracy.

Forehand Roller- Disc more often will roll straight and finish to the left (RHFH)

Backhand Roller- Disc more often will land straight and finish right (RHBH)

Thumb Roller- Disc thrown with thumb on inside rim with an overhead motion, disc should finish left (RHBH)

Cut Roller- disc land at a sharp angle causing disc to roll wildly to the side, not often used on purpose but can be used in some situations 

Rim- The part of the disc you grip.

Flite Plate/Wing- The top part of the disc

Flash- Excess material left on the edges of a disc during the molding process

Domey- The flight plate of the disc having a more pronounced buldge

Thumbtrac- The disc (usually putters) has a gripping surface or grove on the outer upper edge of the flight plate.

Turbo Putt--disc held like a serving tray, rotating around the thumb in the middle of the disc, and pushed forward by one's index finger

How about grips? Power, pinch, stacked,etc...
I would kind of disagree with "flippy- being an understable disc." An understable disc is an understable disc. Flippy is a negative quality where a disc will turn over at random power levels and/or quantities of spin. Once a disc becomes Flippy it should become a flower pot or breakfast plate. No longer will that disc be useful and it should be immediately traded to your buddy.

I think that would depend on the disc, for example I have heard people say they love the flippy boss's. Not an understable disc to most players out there, but it is understable enough for those players to throw anhyzers with. Or I have a flippy putter, you can throw it full hyzer and it will turn into a roller, but is the best low speed putter I will probably ever own. I throw or have thrown many flippy disc that where the best disc in my bag, I couldn't ever see them being flower pots lol.

Slow ass n00bs: The group in front of you when it's just about to get dark.

Impatient Hackers: The group behind you when you are a slow ass n00b.

The pizza man.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968