www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

In our store, a frequent topic of conversation is the great value that disc golf provides.  Low equipment cost, free to play at just about every course, etc.  I've been thinking about this for a while, and I'd like to hear you opinions.  Is there a less expensive sport than Disc Golf? 

Obviously, you can paint a lot of scenarios about ways to spend money on a given endeavor, and lots of devout disc golfers spend a lot on the sport over time.  However, I'm thinking of this in terms of the funds necessary to purchase a decent set of discs (say 5-7 discs) and a bag, and play 3-times a week.  Essentially the equipment and costs (greens fees, etc.) required to start the sport, play it semi-frequently, and gain proficiency at it.

Let's take Bowling, for example.  While most folks don't buy their own ball or shoes right off the bat, simply playing three times a week (without any beverages or snacks) would run you at least $25 a week, or $100 for just the first month.  That's more expensive in my book...

Views: 107

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yea,...lol, skipping stones a sport....
I am not addicted to plastic... well, not like a certain plastic... i buy a disc here and there... but only once or twice a month... maybe once a week at most... i once bought a disc a day for a week... *fidgets* there just so pretty! I CAN'T HELP MYSELF!!!! :P
rugby is amazinggggg
LOL..we used what was cheap,handy at the time.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968