www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

RDGA is looking to make trophies for the 2009 season. 15 pieces (1,2,3 places for 5 events) and 3 for the final 1,2,3 places in the Championship.

The artwork is coming soon.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Yuri Zelentsov
Russian DGA

Views: 350

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just did a quick Google search for "disc golf trophies" and got heaps of hits, and all pretty cheap too! Good luck with the hunt.

For smaller tourneys, we have one of our member whos amazing with woodwork, and he makes discs out of Australian timber and then brands them. They are really unique and look great on the wall. He also inlays designs on discs and joind different timbers together in patterns then turns the discs. Fantastic.
Well, Google did not help me much, I got just a few hits. Wehn you say wooden discs do you mean this www.displayyourdisc.com ? They are not really cheap...
If it is not him, could I get an email address or a web page or something?
Thanks

Hootie said:
I just did a quick Google search for "disc golf trophies" and got heaps of hits, and all pretty cheap too! Good luck with the hunt.

For smaller tourneys, we have one of our member whos amazing with woodwork, and he makes discs out of Australian timber and then brands them. They are really unique and look great on the wall. He also inlays designs on discs and joind different timbers together in patterns then turns the discs. Fantastic.
www.discgolftrophies.com

http://www.trophycentral.com/quickshiptrophies-disc-golf.html

Those are the two best sites i found. The wooden discs are not very cheap, but are very unique. I wasn't offerring them as an option, but if any of your members are good with wood or metal, they might be able to handmake some sort of trophy for a cheap price?
Hey Yuri! How about blown glass "mini baskets"? We had them at the last tourney I played and they were really cool. I dunno how much they cost, but I could look into it for you... ps - I tried to upload a pic for you, but couldn't!
That could be cool! I would really appreciate if you could dig the price and a producer for me! The picture could help too.
Thanks!

BogieWon said:
Hey Yuri! How about blown glass "mini baskets"? We had them at the last tourney I played and they were really cool. I dunno how much they cost, but I could look into it for you... ps - I tried to upload a pic for you, but couldn't!
i know they have them mini glass blown baskets at clearwater store on the left advertising i think there under accessories or somthing
I really appreciate this suggestion. Looks like a nice little thing. We will consider it. However it might be difficult to put a logo and a name of the tourney on.

But thanks anyway!

Anything else?

AuS-Discgolfer said:
i know they have them mini glass blown baskets at clearwater store on the left advertising i think there under accessories or somthing

what i normally do that most people like is i get a cheap wine bottle and take of the label and i will put my own label on it like the name of tournament and to go with it i will take a really nice photo down at the park and write the tournament name of the top of the photo and then put it in a fancy photo frame it is really cheap and it looks cool.
Sounds like a good idea. Couple of things though. We are trying to stay away from promoting alcohol in any way. And here in Russia we do not have any permanent courses to make a picture of :-), but I will keep it in mind when we do.

AuS-Discgolfer said:

what i normally do that most people like is i get a cheap wine bottle and take of the label and i will put my own label on it like the name of tournament and to go with it i will take a really nice photo down at the park and write the tournament name of the top of the photo and then put it in a fancy photo frame it is really cheap and it looks cool.
At the last tourney that we used them, we put them on little wooden bases. That seemes to work really well (ie labeling issues and such). I wish that I could upload a darned pic for you...garh, I cannot do it Yuri! Just go to my darned page and look at my photo album. I think the 2nd pic has me and my trophy for you to see what I'm talking about. The price for 12-15 was very reasonable.
If you are looking to do the glass mini baskets this guy does great work and he is an avid disc golfer. I am sure he can do anything you need at a good price.

http://discgolfer.ning.com/profile/jayslack

I make custom wooden mini and full size wood discs on my lathe. I have some beautiful Hawaiian native Koa. Take a look in my bag. I don't ingrave but you can buy trophy plagues to stick on the front or back castawaydave.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968