www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Is it still around? I just went to go there and it said the site was expired. Maybe I typed something wrong. Anyone have any info on this?

Views: 19

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Burned out and hibernating. Plus one of the pincipals had the family tragedy to deal with his son's bad accident and ongoing rehab. Timmy still may be doing some camera work for the Clash series as it continues.
Those guys did some great work!
DGTV Shot of the day! They always had cool stuff to watch. Some of their work can be found on you tube.
Yeah.. I was watching it every day for the shots of the day too. A lot of it ended up being reused and I managed to watch almost every video on there one night.. it was a goal of mine.. LOL. Good site. I'm sure it takes a lot of work to keep a site like that going.
man that sucks. DGtv was one of the best.
i thought they were doing the videos for pdga media?
Johnny B who lives near the IDGC is the main guy.
Just a reminder for folks who have community access TV in their town, you can have disc golf on TV with a little leg work.

(And we really do mean ON TV, real TV, not just calling it TV when its not on TV)

Disc Golf Live video magazine is available at no cost for folks who submit the show to any of the hundreds of stations out there. Here's a great list of available stations:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_public-access_TV_stations_in_t...

The show is on across the US in markets large and small. Far too many golfers just want to play a round of golf. If you're the guy who wants to take things a bit further and have a station in your town, step up and I'll send my 1 hr shows to you every two months for free. Way too easy, but beyond most disc golfers. And don't get me started naming names about who ISN'T getting the job done in their town. You'd be surprised at the well placed folks who can't "get 'er done!"

We also welcome your submissions for the show and feature material produced by folks all over, such as Steve Dodge, Johnny B, Billy Crump, the Guardians of Recreation and Club 81 Productions, just to name a few.

Online videos are fine if you can handle the quality issues. Yet nothing online will bring new people to the game the way broadcast TV will. Preaching to the choir is great, getting folks into the church of disc golf is even better.

Joe
How much content do you guys have? I work in the tv/radio industry, and live in one of the biggest markets in the US. The biggest problem that I have seen with this stuff is budget/content. There isn't enough advertising money or private benefactors with enough money to actually produce a well done show. We could just throw some video up there, but until the hosting talents and production value gets better you won't have any audience aside from people that already play. With that being said, the clash series is shaping up quite nicely production wise.
Disc Golf Live said:
Just a reminder for folks who have community access TV in their town, you can have disc golf on TV with a little leg work.

(And we really do mean ON TV, real TV, not just calling it TV when its not on TV)

Disc Golf Live video magazine is available at no cost for folks who submit the show to any of the hundreds of stations out there. Here's a great list of available stations:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_public-access_TV_stations_in_t...

The show is on across the US in markets large and small. Far too many golfers just want to play a round of golf. If you're the guy who wants to take things a bit further and have a station in your town, step up and I'll send my 1 hr shows to you every two months for free. Way too easy, but beyond most disc golfers. And don't get me started naming names about who ISN'T getting the job done in their town. You'd be surprised at the well placed folks who can't "get 'er done!"

We also welcome your submissions for the show and feature material produced by folks all over, such as Steve Dodge, Johnny B, Billy Crump, the Guardians of Recreation and Club 81 Productions, just to name a few.

Online videos are fine if you can handle the quality issues. Yet nothing online will bring new people to the game the way broadcast TV will. Preaching to the choir is great, getting folks into the church of disc golf is even better.

Joe
Hi, Patrick -

My shows is magazine-style, so there's a lot of variety. Each show usually has four to six segments on various topics and from various venues. Sometimes an episode may be primarily devoted to a single event. Unlike a lot of the stuff that gets posted online, DGL content usually includes some voice over or scripting to add to the video. I try to have every piece tell some sort of story beyond a bunch of guys throwing discs. Besides event coverage (USDGC, Worlds, various NT and A tier stuff, down to local tourneys) we've had player profiles, course tours, technique, rules, event calendars, and community service pieces. And there have also been a few music videos and fictional pieces.

I hear what you're saying about no money in the budget. That's pretty much a universal theme in disc golf related enterprises. However, given the advances in recent years of NLE systems and digital video cameras, the cost aspect of production is way, way, down so amateur video guys can and do put out some fine material. I try to harvest some of that work, add in a few stories of my own, and bring folks some DG on TV.

You're in Houston? I checked your station's web page briefly and it looks like they're broadcasting material produced outside of the area (one hurdle that pops up occasionally.) I didn't see anything about format or membership, but I'm sure a local resident and perhaps some training is required. My broadcast dvds are formatted for broadcasting directly (no menu access necessary) or to make up a tape when required (a bars/tone intro can be accessed).

Let me know what you think. Give the folks down at your station a call. Happy to add any station to my list, large or small.

Joe
Is the station Houston Media Source? If not, let me know what station it is and i'll check into what needs to be done. I may have more content for you if you're still putting shows together. I travel with my wife to most of the big womens only tourneys, so you could have some coverage there.
Disc Golf Live said:
Hi, Patrick -

I checked your station's web page briefly and it looks like they're broadcasting material produced outside of the area (one hurdle that pops up occasionally.) I didn't see anything about format or membership, but I'm sure a local resident and perhaps some training is required.

Joe
Hi, Patrick -

Houston MediaSource is the station. Give them a shout and let me know what you find out. I'm always looking for interesting content, and footage of the gals always plays well.

Best regards,

Joe

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968