www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I was wondering about something.  I do not know if this has ever been a discussion before but here goes.

If I am not mistaken, Ball Golf was created first.  Correct??

Then there was Disc Golf.

I have played both and I prefer Disc Golf because the players are more down to earth.

Which game has grown the MOST ??

Has anyone ever did a study on Disc Golf versus Ball Golf ??

Which sport has the most people playing ??

Which sport has the most members ??

Which sport has the most fields ??

In my opinion (have not done any studies, so it is my opinion)

Disc golf seems to have the most players or is the most popular here in Florida.  We have the perfect weather for the sport.

So my final question is "Why doesn't Disc Golf have the same coverage as Ball Golf ??"

I have not seen advertisements, postings in newspapers or T.V. news like Ball Golf !!!

Tiger Woods, Arnold Palmer are famous here in Florida.  Why doesn't Ken Climo have the same coverage ??  After all he has been the World Champion how many times ??  And I didn't even know what he looked like until I played in the 2011 Barnett Championships.  Even then, I just saw the back of his head.  Then there is Gregg Hosfeld.  I have met and talked with him.  Both men have had an impressive life.  Now I admit the two have been the brunt of one of my "Humor" jokes. 

If I offended..............

Anyway why doesn't Disc Golf have the same respect as Ball Golf ??

I know I have asked a lot of questions with this discussion, but I am hoping that DiscGolfersR.Us world will understand what I am trying to say.

Does anyone feel what I am saying ??

Views: 304

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Agree with those who said money, also that ball golf is a rich mans sport, while disc golf is extremely accessable. I'm not saying that you can't play ball golf for cheap, but there are tons of ball golfers out there who are willing to buy a $2,000 driver, just to tell their friends that they have a $2,000 driver. That lets manufactures make crazy profit when they make $2,000 drivers. I'm not sure there would be 10 disc golfers in the country who would do that, so Discraft can't make $1,998 profit on a disc.

I would not have the financial means to play ball golf in a dedicated manner (good courses, good clubs). But my whole DG bag is worth about $140 (including the bag!). That is what some country clubs in my hometown charge just to play 2 rounds of ball golf.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968