www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

We're Michiganders planning a circle tour of Lake Michigan this summer and would like suggestions for courses in eastern Wisconsin.

Holla!

:) Karen

Tags: Wisconsin, advice, course

Views: 17

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

check out the pdga webpages,course directory. i've wanted to go to highbridge in the north has i think 8 courses.camping nearby,but maybe not motels. there is also a disc golf resort. can anyone else help out where that is?
Thanks... found Highbridge online at highbridgehillssc.com. Looks fantastic.
Sandy Point Disc Golf Resort in Lac du Flambeau - if you're going to Highbridge you're about an hour away from this one.
If you make it to Milwaukee: Brown Deer Park and Dretzka Park.
there are tons of good courses in wisconsin, a little more info might help your cause. where are you starting, how far our you going? how long do you have?
all the milwaukee courses are worth going to. uw parkside in kenosha is amazing as well .silver creek in manitowalk is a great course. vollrath in sheboygan is another great course. all the appelton area courses. wow theres so many possibilities. im from the eastern wisconsin area so i know all the courses in the area,
Apparently somewhere near Iron River there is some 5 course megaplex, with plans to add 5 more courses. I don't know the name, but I'm going to try to get out there before the year is done myself.
Perhaps you mean Ironwood and the Highbridge complex half hour west: http://www.highbridgehillssc.com
token creek is a must do, Madison WI
Thanks, everyone. Our route is not set, but we'll likely drive the shoreline of Lake Michigan north to south coming from the UP of Michigan. Highland Hills may be a side trip if we have time. Milwaukee will be on our route. Madison, too. We're taking a week to travel.

It's been a dozen years since I've been to Wisconsin... it's going to be beautiful if it's anything like Michigan right now. The trees and lawns are lush from all the rain.
I enjoyed playing the first 10 holes of Tendick Park this spring. I'm looking forward to playing the remaining holes some time. It was nice, thanks Mark.
I have always wanted to drive across the Mackinaw bridge. I am jealous. I have played at Highbridge and at Sandy Point and would recommend both places, but since you will be driving the shoreline of Lake Michigan north to south you probably won't have the time. It is a long was across WI to the Northwoods area from the shoreline of Lake Michigan.

I have played at Triangle Sports Area in Green Bay and would recommend that 18 hole course. Located on a small ski hill it has a lot of fun holes...downhill...uphill...in a boggy area...fun stuff. It looks as though there is a hilly 9 hole course as well in Marinette, WI (just across the border of the UP of MI) at the Marinette City Park. Also, there is a 27 hole course in Kewaunee, WI (up the penisula to the East of Green Bay) at a ski area called Winter Park (another hilly course) and overlooks the Kewaunee River.

Have fun, I would love to spend a week in WI to play DG.

Marinette City Park (Marinette, WI):
http://www.pdga.com/course-details?id=3122

Triangle Sports Area (Green Bay, WI):
http://www.pdga.com/course-details?id=912

Winter Park (Kewaunee , WI):
http://www.pdga.com/course-details?id=1859
Awesome advice.... thanks! I'll likely put a map together on Google Maps to share with everyone here. Can't wait to post pics from our trip when we return in mid-June.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968