www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Does anyone have a good source?  I have found some stuff doing a google search but nothing I would call a true work out.  My employer has installed a new gym at our HQ and I have been taking full use of the facility.  You aren't going be training for the World's Strongest Man in this gym, but there's a number of options to actually tone and tighten your core.  I have been looking for workouts more along the lines of a discus thrower or a MBL Pitcher.  I don't need to bulk up and put on all this weight, I'm looking to tone and elongate my muscles to get good power and distance.  Also something low impact, nothing that is hard on the knees or elbows.  Plus it wouldn't hurt to sharpen up my balance ;)

I wasn't sure if someone had a proven regiment that can be applied to the average disc golf player or not.  Cheers

Views: 172

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

P90X does everything I need to keep my body up-to-par (so to speak), but I find yoga to be the most beneficial part of the program when it comes to disc golf--it stretches and elongates your fast twitch muscle fibers and allows for a larger range of motion on the course--not to mention it will strengthen your core (and particularly your oblique muscles). All in all--stay away from heavy weight training and focus on core training and yoga.

I agree I use P90X i lost about 60 lbs.  The Ab ribber will help with your core and the stretching and yoga videos have really helped as well.  I also do some light weight lifting and Kempo is good to.  Using resistance bands or a bow flex will help better then weights.  

Core muscles are the most beneficial for improving your disc golf game. I also recommend running and swimming and most definitely stretch

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968