www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

A group of Disc Golfers in Central Florida formed a "Club" in the City of Debary.

Since their creation, they have improved on a course called River City Nature Park in

Debary Florida.  With their hard work, the City of Debary has given them recognition

and praise.  The Debary Disc Golfers will continue to improve and maintain their park,

with hopes of someday making it one of the best parks to play the wonderfull game of Disc Golf.

Views: 73

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Man, I wish that we could be so organized around here. I think that maybe what is missing in our community is that desire to make things better and give back to the community.

Congratulations to the DeBary Disc Golf Club for setting a good example.

It is an Honor to be part of such a awesome group of people. We are very fortunate to have this group.

Jim, I read your previous thread...I know how you feel brother. It's not always smooth sailing with what we do. We get those swells...the boat rocks...the crap gets funky and truly stinks...sometimes that crap has to be expelled...thrown overboard.

Keep in mind, it's people like you, Jim....that truly makes a difference.  Even though we may never cross paths on the links...all of us appreciate what you do for your local scene. Keep your head up brother and keep that ship between the navigational beacons.

MAN THAT IS RAD!

Jamie is correct.

It has not been an easy road for the Debary Disc Golf Club.

There has been a lot blood, sweat, tears, and a few choice words.

But with the financial and emotional support of the "Club"

and the hard work of those that are active, I would have to

say that it was worth it.

We still have a long road a head of us to make Debary a

"Prime location" that equals or surpasses other Central Florida

Courses in  Disc Golf, but with the Members, and Directors,

I feel that we can do it.

Let me know if you ever meet anyone named Scotty or Dr. Jones. He moved down to Florida from Colorado but I'm not sure where he is now. 100% true that it is the people who just volunteer their time to make things better that make the difference. We have actually had a lot of good change at our course since we started working more with the City Parks Department here. Simple things like having them dump mulch on the course have made a real difference. Someone told me they saw grass growing tonight and it's true. That mulch is making a difference. So keep up the good work down there in Florida and we will do our best here as well.

Do you have any pictures of the park?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968