www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Ok, I have a few discs in my stash that I'm curious about. I have bought a few large lots of discs in the past and had some odd ducks come my way. Sorry, the pics are all posted out of order, #1 is at the bottom and they go in order to the top from there.

1) Clear/blue Worlds Biggest 05 CH Beast. It's marked BST but the wing has a different shape than my other newer Beasts. It rises up sharper towards the inside rim. Did Innova re-tool the mold or something?

2) Pink Chandler Tornado Open, I believe it is a Lightning by the raised grooves on the inside rim, but what kind of disc is it? Wing edge has a flat area towards the outside similar to a Cyclone it looks like.

3) I have three different Cyclones. The way different one is the black Halloween Hootennanny disc. This disc has a beveled top edge. I haven't seen any of these before. Was this the original Cyclone mold?

4) Yellow 97 World Am Championships Cyclone 2. What do these fly like compared to the others?

5) Blue Cyclone newer. Is this one any different than the Cyclone 2, besides the plastic?

One More entry

6) Sparkle DGA (I think) Steady ED Tourny Stamp, midrange of some kind

Tags: 2, Beast, Cyclone, DGA, Disc, Identification, Lightning

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ALso on the Beast the Pro Lines are alot Flater then the newer ones and take alot longer to break in they are deff. more stable I prefer them over the new ones. I wont by the Barry ones they act like a broke Valkyrie for me flippy if you can find the pro lines at a good price buy them also ZoneDriven had some awhile back and those where pre BArry too nice and flat and just as stable
the black and orange disc looks like an x-clone

on the back it should say cyclone
yep, those ARE definately discs. hahahahaha. just messing around
Thanks for your imput guys! Especially you Tino, hahaha!
I swear by the pro line Beasts as well as the pro line Monsters, you can keep the Champion line they run now. I have a stack of each so I don't ever run out. Don't throw them as much as I used to do to the Destroyer, and Wraith.
to the best of my knowledge most lightnings have have a letter/# designation on the under side(eg f8f=bearcat)is there 1?
Nope, just the weight. I'm pretty sure it's a Lightning though. I have never seen any other discs with those raised groove lines running around the inside of the rim lip.

whitler said:
to the best of my knowledge most lightnings have have a letter/# designation on the under side(eg f8f=bearcat)is there 1?
I agree that the groove lines inside the rim equal Lightning. I went through my Lightning stock, and the only disc that looks like a match is the #1 Helix. I am pretty sure that's what it is.
Really appreciate it!

I have added one more disc that I forgot about. The Steady Ed tournament stamp. I believe it is a sparkle DGA midrange of some kind I think.
Looks Like a Buzz to me The Steady Ed one

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968