www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

2 buddies and I were playing at a course that boarders a creek.  One guy had an errant throw that ended up in the middle of the creek.  The creek was high and fast, but we could see the disc.  None of us were willing to go and get it.  On that same hole we encountered a solo player in his mid 20's.  He saw our situation and expressed condolances and we let him play ahead of us.  The guys and I continued playing and took a break at hole 14 when the same guy comes up to us soaking wet up to his neck and pulls my buddies disc out of his bag.  We coulden't believe that this kid got drenched just to return some strangers disc.  We thanked him and he went on his way.  Crazy.

Views: 138

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hardcore!

Most awesome!
the true spirit of disc golf. right on!

I had a guy i just met climb a 40ft palm tree to retreive my disc from the top.

I've climbed a 60' tree to get an older guys favorite XS. He just wouldn't let me go without giving me a disc in reward. It's certainly not universal nowadays, but dg'ers are a good bunch. We roll deep.
Pay forward, good karma.

Someone did the tree climb for me at Oak Grove one time.  I tried to go big hyzer on it and got my Star Valk stuck in the top of the BIG tree on 17.  Couldn't believe someone would climb that high for a disc.

MAybe he was hot!!! Needed to take a dip!!! Then he got your disc while he was dipping!!!!! Either way!!!! Good karma!!!

Good lot, this bunch! I have stumbled across a good group of people here! I am scuba certified, maybe I can help some folks out on some heinous water traps some day!

as long as the course doesn't prohibit it, a lot of people go diving periodically. Just be sure to call all the numbers!

Squid!

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968