www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Can anyone throw out (pun intended) some ideas on what works best to repair a disc that has gotten a little chewed up. Sandpaper? File? Or will those just mess up the flight characteristics? Is there a gentle repair method or should I just move them over to my understable pile?

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I dont know if anyone would recomend this or not, but I use 220 grit to clean them up. Just be easy about it and let the paper do the work. It cleans up the dings and tattered parts and leaves it nice and smooth.
I use a drywall sponge type sanding block, works great!
If you are talking about around the edges; I know a lot of people that will heat up the plastic with a lighter and mold it back as close as possible with your fingers..
I use the lighter method...works great!
From having worked in a sewer pipe plant as a child (literally) I know that a hot butter knife (or similar object) can be used to mold plastic quite well. You can even close holes or cracks in the dome that would otherwise mean the disc is illegal. Do that and sand it down.
Hey Chainseeker

I use an S.O.S. scrubbing pad. It will take off little bits of plastic, smooth out burr's, and believe it or not it will leave your DX plastic especially, super soft and sticky. I am not sure why, but I think it is the chemical in the pads. My DX Spider came out like an R-Pro plastic. You can do it as much, or a s little as you like. Try with an old disc. I was happy. Rub firm, but do not kill it. I hope it works.
Geoff

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968