www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'm trying to jerry-rig a disc retrieval tool. I'm thinking of either using an extending pole tree trimmer, or an extending pole pool skimmer. Anyone have any other ideas? What do you use? I'm in Florida and there's lots of water, and lots of trees. I figure the extending pole will work for discs out in the water, or up in a tree.

Views: 1193

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Me wading/swimming in the water works, but I would prefer a way to do it and stay on dry land.
At my local course they use pvc pipe with a nut and bolt at the tip. Works great but that's just what you get when you pay for your rounds I guess. With out I just go swimming or use a Downed tree limb near by
I have made a retriever that works great to get discs up to 24 feet from shore. I just attached it to a telescoping ball golf retriever and haven't donated too many to the lake since. It also works great to knock discs out of trees. It's lightweight and easy to attach to a cart, or I generally just carry it. Check out the photos.

Ok so i would start off first observing the water around is it deep cold shallow.. Then once i make a decision i jump in and get my disc NO MATTER WHAT. But, i live in Texas go figure
I really appreciate all the responses. Chainseeker, what did you use for the attachment to your ball retriever? Was it something pre-fashioned, or did you shape the rod yourself? I really like that setup you have and would like to try and make one.
I used a rod that I purchased for a couple of bucks at Home Depot. I bent it myself using a bench vise in my garage. I've had so much positive response from other players when I loan it out on the course that I've been thinking of selling them online for $15 or so. Swimming isn't an option in the ponds here in Arizona where I play. You spend too much time in that water, you'd end up with a staph infection.
I play ball golf also. I really like the idea of converting one of my ball retrievers to a disc retriever, thanks for the ideas.

Seen this guy using the golden retriever attached to a Saltwater Fishing Rig with 60 pound test line. Casts it out over 100 feet and lets it drag on the bottom.
Thanks for the information, ChainSeeker. I was playing this weekend and one of the members in my foursome had a ball golf ball retriever. He had a re-enforced plastic ring on the end with three hook-screws placed at 9, 12, and 3 o'clock on the ring. A player from another foursome got his driver stuck about 12 to 15 feet up in a palm tree. The retriever worked great. I liked that the multiple screws would allow for at least two of them to grab a disc. I think between your set up and his, I have two very effective, and inexpensive, methods to build a retrieval tool. Thanks to everyone who made suggestions.
Good luck, maybe you'll build one that is better than both.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968