www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I use the valkeryie for alot of my drives,but looking for something with same flight but a little more stable.Some of my other drivers are,173g pro boss,172gchampion wraith,175gchamp groove,173g evo illusion.Just looking for a better control driver any help would be appreciated.

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would go with a monarch(175). This is the most controllable disc in my bag for rhbh. I used to only flick valks for accuracy but lately I have been trying the monarch as well and it might take the spot in my bag.
Innova....I like the Champ Orcs in the lower 160's.
the FL is a very easy driver to control. it's not as fast as your other drivers, so if you were looking for something in similar speed, i'd suggest a star SL. Very, very straight with nice stability
A star SL is nice, but I found them a little too understable. I did, however, get my hands on a Star SL (thanks to some good advice) and it flies like a dream. Just to give you an idea, I was struggling to replace a beautifully worn star Wraith and I was trying the monarch, valk, surge, rogue, and a few others, but the champ SL fit the bill nicely. As long as I don't crank on it too hard it flies great with good control. They are, however, hard to find...
ive got a brand new one if you are interested?
a star Wraith is nice, but a Star Wraith flies like a dream ;)
It took me a little while to learn how to throw it because I just started disc golfing this year, but I completely agree that the Star Wraith (mine is 166g) flies very nicely.

Tall Tom
star beast
I used to throw a Champ Valk as a primary driver awhile back. Love the disc and still throw it occasionally. A few months ago I won an AM 3 event, not sanctioned, and with the disc voucher I had to get some other Innova discs since the guy was a distributor. I asked about a Viking since it looked and felt kinda close to my old Valk. He said the Viking was a little more stable than the Valk. After getting back home, I realized he was right. The Viking gets close to the same distance as my Valk and isn't the least bit flippy. Try a Viking.
They say the viking is the same disc as the valk.......
Men throw the viking.........
Women throw the Valkyrie.......
Sadly, I like the Valk, better!
i agree with mike the viking is listed as a straight flyer and is the same speed. more than likely what you are looking for.
I'm also a fan of Star Wraiths, less stable than the champs.... As well as a Surge, Surge SS, and Flash (gotta show some love to Discraft!!!)

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968