www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I don't believe the charts anymore. Bought a Force 169g thinking it would fit my need.
The thing flies more like my Champ. Wraith. Don't get me wrong, it is a nice disc and I
will hold on to it but I have a Trex, Pulse, Flick, and have tried an Xcaliber. The most
fitting in my bag is a 172g Champion Boss (tie-dye). Appreciate any input.

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The new Star Katanas are just that. Not like the Pro version at all and frankly I'm confused as to why they call them the same thing when they are not. Those Lemon Lake Katanas were the bomb diggity. I have a new Star Katana and I only throw it when I need something to cut hard or go into a headwind. Also the Raging Inferno from Quest AT is a good overstable disc. Firebird is a classic.
How about a Halo, Riot, XXX, or Trident. For super "D", I guess you should just stick with the first two. Latitude 64 makes some very good discs and their plastic is the best out there today.
Orange Z Nuke...money if you can hold on to them lol
I just bought a set of Lat64 disc and I would suggest getting some of there plastic. Fast Long and overstable is exactly what their drivers are. I would suggest picking up a Riot. It will hold flat for a while and then hyzer out with a quickness. All of the Lat64 disc have been amazing. I would also say to pick up a River and a Core. Try em out.
I really like the Teerex-X in champ plastic a lot. It's not quite as long as an XCal though. Have you tried champ XCals? They are significantly more overstable than star versions. At least the CFR one I had a while back was. Some champ destroyers are crazy overstable.

As Jim said though, the star katanas are really pretty overstable. I too like the Lemon Lake ones best so far. The flat-top stock star run one I bought was waaay more overstable than my orange lemon lake katana. It's a little more domey. That thing just goes! Longest hyzers EVER.

All that said, you might do well just sticking with that Boss. I don't think there's anything faster on the market right now... maybe... just maybe a Nuke.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968