www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

My son is turning 5 in a couple weeks and I am contemplating getting him started on a bag for his birthday.

Does anyone have suggestions on ultralight (120 g or so) discs that would be good for him?

Thanks for the Help!

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Children have difficulty with creating RPM's on the disc. Most kids can benifit from large diameter discs with tons of glide.
Check out www.Discgolfcenter.com They have a nice Pro D Hawk 163 g Blue, and a 148g Pro D Cyclone.
I would say stick with base line plastics, they are easier to throw.
If you do some online research you might be able to find a 130 esp Buzz I know I saw them before they were some sort of fundraiser disc, and they were in ESP going for like $5 or so.
I have also seen some 100g and 150g magnets on eBay. You just have to keep and eye out for them
But I think a Cyclone, Hawk, Magnet combo might be just perfect for a young kid.

Nate Doss Said "My dad gave me a Pro D Hawk to start throwing when he was 8 and he has had one in his bag ever since"
Ron Russel said "He world Championship to a Cyclone."
And Scott Stokley Says, " The Magnet, The best putter ever made, It's what he uses, its what everyone uses."
If he starts out with those three discs maybe he will be a World Champ one Day.
good Luck. I hope he really enjoys the sport.

Oh wait just found the website with the lightweight buzzes. 125g Buzzes for only $5.95 www.GottaGoGottaThrow.com
I came across a 3 disc set at Fred Meyers, sure it wasn't Innova, nor Discraft, but it had the basic 3 discs, a driver, mid and putter, but they seemed from what I could tell, a bit smaller, for smaller hands, they were packaged so I couldn't actually get the feel of them, but this is something I'd recommend, it was $12 for the set.
What is 'Fred Meyers'?
Teebird DX, R-Pro Boss 150class, 150class Avair, 150class banshee

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968