www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hello
Im looking for a putter that feels similar to the Rhyno.... Low profile and shallow rim.....that has less overstability. Also, I'm looking for a mid range disc w about the same speed as a roc but w more overstability that can also handle some headwind. I'm looking at an Innova gator right now.
Any suggestions?

Views: 263

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well I might have to check it out then as well as the gator. Thanks for the advice.

Just make sure you get the CFR Gator. It is the original mold, the DX mold.  For some reason the Star plastic Gator just isnt the same.

putt'r or wolf for putter

gremlin or drone for mid

I throw a gator. It is my goto mid in a headwind and for any short range hyzer shot. The courses in my are I throw the gator on most holes. Another thing I like about it is the fact that I can throw it on an anny line and it will work back. It is a great mid range. 

As for putter, I putt with Aviars at the time being, but for driving with one I throw a Flex Challenger. Great overstable putter.

Try a Discraft Zone, but another one with a shallow rim is Innova's Wedge. For something similar to a Roc with more overstability I'd recommend checking out Vibram's Putter, its slower than a Roc. I've replaced my Roc with a Buzz SS and Innova's Mako.

I replied before reading other posts, you've got a lot of good suggestions - good luck.

Tank !
Well I bought a star gator and threw it a bit the last 3 days. Not loving it so far. The stability is there but the thing drops like I've thrown a rock..... And I don't mean an Innova roc..... I'll keep working w it but so far no good :(
I did win a discraft hornet at a tourney this weekend so maybe that's what I'm looking for. We shall see. Thanks for the suggestions !!!
I ended up winning a hornet at a tourney this weekend so I guess I will try it out. ;)
I have a Make, but it is Too Flippy for me. I have Tried and Tried to throw it but it turns right way to hard on me. Hyzer Flipping does not make a difference. The Roc works better for me. Anyway, I have a Max Weight Star Mako now that I don't throw.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968