www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

another is this legal question...

Can you put a disc under your knee as when throwing.  For example, if your disc was ina bunch of dead pine needles/woodchips, you were in shorts, and had to go onto one knee.  is it legal to put a disc under your knee so you don't get a bunch of cuts?  If that is legal, how is it any different from moving your bag, or any other object under a foot to give you a better/different look?

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I do this with my towel and its not illegal. I have no idea how to answer the other questions tho.
standing or kneeling on a disc or a towel is legal in disc golf but illegal in ball golf.

Ball golf has a prohibition against "improving your lie" but no such rule exists in disc golf.

In winter, on icy tee pads, some players set down a towel to throw off of. It works surprisingly well.
Ahh yes, the Craig Stadler rule.
Usually, I put one disc under each knee and pray to make the putt....Don't forget to make the sign of the cross, hey anything helps in my opinion.
The rule does say that you must have a supporting point in contact with the playing surface within 30 cm of the marker on the line of play though. Doesn't that mean that you could only put a disc or towel under another supporting point as you wouldn't be touching the playing surface otherwise?
Craig Stadler. I am the walrus goo goo ga joo.
totally legal
i would say it is as long as its behind your marker or the disc your playing from
No problem with using disc or towel under knee as long as the compressed height is less than 1cm. You can only stand on a towel on a tee pad, but not on other lies which was overlooked when this Rules Q&A was written.
Chuck, does that mean the 1/2" piece of styro-foam I use illegal then?

Having some cushion is awesome and really alllows you to focus on your shot and the ground digging into your knee.
I'm guessing that with some of your weight on your knee on the styrofoam, it likely compresses to less than 0.4 inches between knee and ground so it would be legal.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968