www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Yesterday while nursing the flu, I was thinking do people put thought into shoes for a round. I mean outside of temperature. Do you pick basketball shoes, running shoes, or cross trainers?

Views: 469

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like to buy water proof shoes for the morning dew but I wouldn't recommend Keen. I spent 120 dollars on a pair of keens and they fell apart in less than 8 months.
I just bought my first pair of footwear specifically for playing discgolf. They are the Itasca Amazons. I found them at our local Dunhams sports store. I have another pair of shoes that have thick black rubber soles that are holding up nicely, but are not great for winter play (not water proof and are low cut. These boots were the right price, about $29.00 before taxes, are water proof (verified after shoveling snow), and have thick black rubber soles. Have yet to try them play disc golf, but should be able to soon.
Attachments:
After testing today in the snow the Merrel Chameleon Gortex Wraps are a hot shoe. Food never got wet and good grip and traction. 100 percent satisfied. I would suggest pairing them with some wigwam socks. I used the canada version and my foot was nice snug, warm and dry all day. It was 26 and 8 inches of snow.
Kevin Piech(Peach) said:
After testing today in the snow the Merrel Chameleon Gortex Wraps are a hot shoe. Food never got wet and good grip and traction. 100 percent satisfied. I would suggest pairing them with some wigwam socks. I used the canada version and my foot was nice snug, warm and dry all day. It was 26 and 8 inches of snow.
You had food in your shoe?!? I'm glad it didn't get wet! LOL!!!
I am basically using the one of the waterproof.
Moreover, the one for golf is also good.
Moreover, MEN's CTC MID GTX etc of Montrail are also good.
However, it hesitates in it because the price is high.
Footwork is important in Discgolf.
Shoes that I have are therefore patient and it is ..search.. ....necessary.
I where these.. fantastic. Vibram is the company, Bite hiking/golf style

Ive been thinking of what shoes to get next , right now Im sporting some black Jordans , but I also play in Nike Air Max wich is a running shoe, those are pretty nice, very light weight compaired to my J's, but the J's are deff more for comfort, like a big couch. I think I wanna find some big comfortable water proof shoes , my problem is that I wear a 15, anyone have any ideas?
Merrells are the shiznit!
yeah..I heard Salomons and Merrells are great shoes but ..I look more toward the conventional toothy cross trainers at any shoe store. something breathable,light,has enough traction and feels comfortable not bulky. We all have our preferences. I've found GOOD sole cross trainers work in most weather conditions.. I say most. If you were playing on a sheet of ice.. definitely go with the metal cleats and controlled shots... .oh.. and if it's raining cats and dogs. If I had that kind of money for $125 or more.. I'd buy em'. for now it's just water proof socks.
i'm glad you like yours. i got a pair about a month ago and returned them after a weekend of play. i found that the "wrap" toe rand bumper to be a little too stiff with no give for my toes. i got some bruising on my toenails. there's a lot of up and down up and down on some fairly steep sandstone hills. i returned them to REI and got a pair of Merrell Outland Mids.

Kevin Piech(Peach) said:
i agree during the summer i wear my vans while playing
Russell Gore said:
You forgot Skateboard shoes. They surely aren't the best shoe for wet or snowy ground, however they are the best shoe possible for the abuse we put shoes through. Actually they aren't all that bad when they are new, it's after 8-10 months of use that they become a little slick. I have tried everything including these new Merril shoes that have the Vibram soles(they suck, or at least the upper shoe does) I ripped the sides out of both shoes in 3 months. I've tried New balance(same problem, holes in the side), Adidas(front of shoe rips), Nike(just sucks), Timberland(ok but too heavy), Sketchers(crap-o-la), and Doc Martins(way to heavy). None of these brands can hold out as long as the cheapest skate shoe(CSS, Cheap skate shoe, it's a real company). I've found that DC's, Etnies, World Industries, Van's, and Zoo York's are some of the best ones out there. I currently have a pair of Zoo York's and they are the best one's to date. For flat bottoms with no real tread design these suckers really work well in the wet. I played a tournament last weekend in the pouring down rain for 2 rounds up and down some serious terrain and they did great.By the end of the tournament we were walking in pure mud and I never once had an issue with traction. Not to mention that we were walking in wet leaves and I never slid. Unless you live in the upper U.S. where it gets really cold I would check Skateboard shoes out!!!! If the skaters can't tear them up neither can Disc Golfers!!!!!!!!
I love the Keen Newports

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968