www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Yesterday while nursing the flu, I was thinking do people put thought into shoes for a round. I mean outside of temperature. Do you pick basketball shoes, running shoes, or cross trainers?

Views: 461

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is my third pair in 4 years and I play a LOT of rounds on them. No need for seal skinz they are gortex.
Attachments:
Cheap or the wrong shoes can do damage to your feet and legs and may cause injury. I have several pairs of Merrell Chameleons and I also wear New Balance or Saloman running shoes. I prefer to play a variety of courses with different terrain and some don't have permanent tee pads (dirt, etc.) or rough terrain so I usually keep a pair of wear goretex and regular chameleons in my truck and a pair of running shoes for nice weather where there has not been much rain or moisture in the previous week. None of the shoes I wear are that attractive but I prefer comfort over looks.
I stick to waterproof, Goretex insultated shoes for all but dead-of-summer rounds. As a flicker, I put all my wear and tear on the left toe, often wearing a hole through there while the rest of the shoe still looks sound. Vibram soles seem to hold up nicely where the others fail.

I've mostly been getting North Face (TNF) shoes lately. New Balance fit nice, but the soles are way to soft.
Merrill cross trainers last longer than any others I have tried.
Just last week,,,I purcuased a pair of REI's Monarch IV Boot. The uppers are Gor-tex (waterproof), while the sole is lugged Vibrum. They are fairly lite and fit like a glove. This model got good reviews. Although one reviewer mentioned the Vibrum sole has some slippage. I have not tested them out in the field yet, but if I find I do not like them I'm allowed to take them back for a different pair. Probably a pair of Targhee II's (mid) by Keen. The above mentioned boot is strictly for winter playing. I have not found my fav. summer shoe yet. Probably something with a lasting "soul". Kevin...great conversation starter.
K.
Chad Curtis said:

I'm not proud of it but I finally believed the hype and threw down for some Keen boots. After 3 test runs they do seem to be the shit.

ive seen a ton of people who wear these to golf in the winter, they must be good.
I love hiking shoes too...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968