www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

In the discgolfer magazine that covers the USDGC, Harold Duvall talks about some of the reasons they used stroke and distance and he mentions that even disc golfers would rather watch something else besides disc golf. I've also rad recently on here a few times that disc golfers dont like to watch disc golf. I was just curious if this was accurate? I love watching videos of disc golf, aces, putting, parked shots, lead card coverage, tutorials, etc. I was just wondering if i was in the minority on this.

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think another key word in this discussion is how few are willing to "pay" to watch disc golf either in person or online. Disc golfers would rather play given the choice.

I like watching Disc Golf...

Live. So that means that I am either participating or watching some good players that I know play. Preferably the first thing.

You're raising the bar......perhaps a better question is how many will watch free, advertiser-supported disc golf.  For those who dream of big-dollar, big-time disc golf, that would be the threshhold, I suspect.
I'd rather be playing as well, but watching top rated pros do things that I can't or will never be able to do is pretty fascinating.
Ya, i have a new DG buddy and he is so stoked to play, but doesn't want to listen when I mention that stuff(videos/PDGA/Pros).  I noticed he didn't even know he was throwing 150 g's, and didn't really care to try my plastic. But he will golf with me weekly, and loves it.
For Myself , I'd rather play than watch !   It is Cool to see though , awesome shots of all kinds..............Drives , Upshots and Putts !!!!

I'm all about this one video I saw, and they had set up baskets all over the city and tons of cool places.  They had a couple special guest putts from Climo, Fieldberg, and other pros, that made it extra sweet! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afCh9F3jaVE 

I want to, It's just hard on the media provided(web broadcasts).  I just got apple tv and now I watch a lot of youtoube discgolf on my couch.  If it were podcasted or broadcasted on tv, I would centrally pay to watch all the coverage of an event.  I just don't like siting in my computer chair for 4 + hours.  

-I'm a big fan of your work, b.t.w.! 

that link didnt work for me...have you got another?

There are folks here in LA who get completely upset that there are courses where you have to pay to play.  They'll go so far as to refuse to go to said courses for 2 bucks a day.  It's really sad.

DiscGolfVids.com

Check out my buddies site. He is a discer that blew out his Achilles tendon shortly after graduating with a media degree. To kill boredom and satisfy his disc golf Jones he built this site dedicated to hi resolution and full length disc golf video.

#1 watched video is Climo shoots the Canyon

#2 is Nikkos last hole ace at Fountain Hills to force a playoff with Paul Uliberri.

As much as I like playing, I also like watching it too. Discgolfplanet.tv does a great job with coverage and it just keeps getting better. I watch from work when they broadcast and also at home on the TV through my playstation 3.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968