www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

In the discgolfer magazine that covers the USDGC, Harold Duvall talks about some of the reasons they used stroke and distance and he mentions that even disc golfers would rather watch something else besides disc golf. I've also rad recently on here a few times that disc golfers dont like to watch disc golf. I was just curious if this was accurate? I love watching videos of disc golf, aces, putting, parked shots, lead card coverage, tutorials, etc. I was just wondering if i was in the minority on this.

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can't speak for others but I love to watch tournaments! I don't care to sit and waste time watching d-bags out on the course with no skill but I always make sure and watch the pros.  (especially if locastro is playing.  His rants are fun to see)
I will watch the Discraft clinics on you tube, but as for watching a tournament, no thanks.
I'd watch the pros at a major tourney and I watch stuff online ALL the time.....I love it.

Why not?

The 1st hole of this video is awesome, the rest of the holes are ok. parts 1-4 are better IMO, entertaining and exciting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyejeBgvb5Q

I love watching any top pros...feldberg,climo,locastro etc because you can learn from by watching the best. Unforturely for me i can't just go to my local dg course and find a pro so i could watch myself how to execute shots i've never seen done. So for me it's more educational but also for fun.

You have to realize, that those of us here and on other disc golf websites are in the very small minority.  Most disc golfers don't play tournaments, couldn't name a pro if you gave them a Teebird and an Avenger to work with and also aren't aware there IS a PDGA.  The large majority of disc golfers show up that the course once in a while with a few discs, chuck plastic around for a while and that's it.  They're aware that there are better players out there but they're just out there for fun, not necessarily to shoot 12 under or even improve their game all that much.

Glad to see that video!  I was spectating at this event on my home course.  Loved that first hole.  I posted a message on Facebook as it was happening that said "Hole 20 of the final round: Feldberg from 150 feet...chains! Orum from 60 feet...chains! McCabe from 40 feet...chains! Locastro from 15 feet...Doink!"  Glad to be able to see it again.  Also glad Locastro won after missing that putt!  Thanks for the link!
badass to watch. wish there was more! it feels like i have watched most of them already. keep makin' 'em!
yeah, i read about it online and had been waiting for them to post a video. gladf they got the whole final round. sweetness.
love watchin the vids ....... lots of wind out there .... thanks for the link ... the remax open in atlanta on the pdga site was entertaining as well ..... the texas film was very well edited and produced  thanks to whoever did it
I love watching disc golf.  I watch youtube videos all the time, and I'm always looking for new grips and new styles to try.  Once of the things I love about being a league is I get to watch everyone throw and make awesome shots.  I might be in on the Ace Pool, and I don't want someone else to get it but......I love seeing great shots!!

The answer is that there is no answer.  "Disc golfers don't like to watch disc golf"????  Some do, some don't.

Short clips, youtube videos, etc. are one thing.  A few seconds to watch an amazing shot.  But to actually watch a tournament----in person or broadcast live or on DVD---doesn't appeal to me, and apparently doesn't appeal to many people, judging by the galleries at NTs and Majors.  I've joined the galleries at USDGC a few times (the exception to the rule), and watched several DVDs (purchased mainly as momentos for courses I love), and I'd much rather be playing. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968