www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Should i be doing this? as yall know i have a lot of drivers(look at my other posts). Should i throw out all of my drivers and just throw mids fairways and putters? let me know guys if i should use this to get better or if yall have any more ideas...

Views: 209

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Take your Full bag and play 1 round on that Specific Course. Then you can decide what you need and what you don't need !
Do field work and just throw what you know. If you have the power to throw the New Shizz (WELL) then use it when its needed. Otherwise just butter Leopards, Teebirds, and Rocs. Discs like that are more accurate and predictable.
Your always gonna need a couple big boomers in the bag, even if their only purpose is to fly over a river 250'- 275' ya cant lay up on that. Sometimes accuracy is not the best thing, say your on hole X and it is 1000' and you throw 3 shots 300' straight down the pipe your still looking at a 100' boogie save. If you throw 2 wilder shots 350' then a nice fairway driver right where you need it using the accuracy to make up for wild distance. so in short, you will always have a need to let it rip
Good points there Steve!

Boomers are great for sure, but here is a good test. Take your longest disc (Nuke, Katana, Wraith etc...). Then take something slower (Valk, Teebird etc..). Go out to a field and give them several throws. I would bet, they all land pretty close together distance wise. See, until you improve on your technique and are able to generate enough speed/power. The high speed discs still won't travel very far.

If you haven't already. Check out Discrafts youtube video's. Also, discgolfreview.com has some great instructional articles.

YES!  play rounds with only your shorter discs.  it will improve your throws with drivers a ton.  Now I barely throw a driver.  My last tournament I think I used a driver once.
Work on Proper Technique First !!!!!!!
1000' par 3?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968