www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am liking the looks of  this discs.  My only fairway driver right now is the teebird which I would consider my go to disc.   I will throw it anywhere from a low ceiling 320 out to close to 400 sometimes straight.  Does anyone know how this disc compares to a teebird?  I would like to add either a tl, jackal or leopard to the bag.  How do they all compare?

Views: 197

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not sure about the jackal, but might I recommend the lat64 River?

How does it fly? I love my Lat 64 pure but have not tried any other discs made by them.

really nice straight flight with tons, I mean TONS of glide and that reliable fade at the end that you know and love from lat64. I have mine in gold line but my next one will be in opto just because I love the way that plastic feels.

The Jackal has more high speed turn than the Teebird, but less than the River. It has a ton of glide compared to the TB, TL, and Leopard, but less than the River. I have had it in my bag since the week that it came out, its been a great disc for me. I carry an Opto River, Jackal, and an Opto Saint. You might enjoy the Saint more than the Jackal, but I carry it for shorter shots because the Saint just flys further. I carry a light weight 11x Tb as well.

Last sunday I got to try the Jackal in Champ plastic, that is going to be a fantastic disc, definately get one of those when they release them. For now, the Star plastic FD is really nice.

I agree with Dook, there is a bit less HSS on the Jackal than the river. I feel like a t-bird is my straight shooter/lower ceiling arrow, where the jackal is fantastic for longish annies, it seems very forgiving to oat issues, more so than the river. If i had to pick between the two i would definately pull the trigger on the FD before the river. Although I suspect not everyone would agree with me. As far as glide, I cant really see a difference between the river and FD.

The Saint seems like an interesting disc as well?  Is it like a striker with more glide?

Good question....I was wondering this too. Why create another disc w the same flight as the striker? Oh and I must say the gold line river is a sweet disc. Very controllable and will glide forever. It is a bomber!

The Striker has been a tough mold for Lat64 when it come to consistancy. I have thrown meathooks, straight bombers, and flippy crud. The Saint has a different feel than all of them, the flight path is just a little different and it has another gear for me that the Striker didn't. The Saint is just a great freekin disc, a must try.

I have been looking for a good "tweener" disc. Something between a control driver and distance driver. I am looking for a little high speed turn and a reliable fade but relatively straight. If it can hold up in a bit of a headwind, even better. Would the Saint fit the bill?

Probably depends on how hard u throw. I use a star orc for this shot.

I get my distance throws out 400-425

Orc may be a good choice then if u throw innova.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968