www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

ok im thinking about switching putters from a challenger to an APX. and i was wondering if you all had some input about this disc

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

huk life 24/7 said:
so its more of a straight flyer than being a little stable like the challenger?

Yes, it's less stable than a challenger so it flies straighter at slower speeds.
DC ( DISCFUNCTIONAL CHRIS ) said:
can someone post up a picture of the edge of the rim on a apex, i have a tournement stamp swirl plastic midrange disc and there is no manufacture name on the bottom, i am ussuming it is an apx because the swirl plastic looks just like the swirl apx pictures i have seen, just not the same color as any i have seen.

If it's small and deep like a putter, it's an APX. It kind of looks/feels like the aviar p&a (putt and approach) (not the big bead aviar driver/putter)
ok sweet thanks

My_Hero said:
huk life 24/7 said:
so its more of a straight flyer than being a little stable like the challenger?

Yes, it's less stable than a challenger so it flies straighter at slower speeds.
Yeah that's probably about right. I started playing in 2002 and a great influence on my game in Ann Arbor was a guy by the name of Gordy Matthews, I think he was a master or pro master so he had a lot of discs in his trunk. One day after playing a round with him he said he had some discs in his trunk he wanted me to try. He gave me this APX and about 5-6 others to replace my beat up junk that I was throwing. I went and played another round with them and got my ace on hole #10 of that round at old Brown Park, talk about instant gratification. Gordy was a great guy.

Chad Curtis said:
Mike said:
Had my first ACE with an APX and still have it (of course) but I don't use it anymore. Great disc though.

whoa! . . .that thing is old. Looks like about 2000/2001 judging from the stamp.
Mike, I used to play a lot of rounds with Gordy. He died of brain cancer a few years ago. This photo I have is from around the time frame you knew him.

Yep, that is definately him, he cracked me up! Yes I heard he died from brain cancer, so unfortunate. Well actually I was surprised when I saw a tournament listing for the Gordy Matthews Memorial tournament last year at Rolling Hills. I then learned he passed from suffering brain cancer as the proceeds from that event benifit cancer research. I hope to be able to play in one of his memorial tournaments, it's nice to see disc golf supporting a great cause in his name. Gordy definately had a love and passion for this sport.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968