www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

could someone tell me what the discraft challenger is similar to? also, thoughts about the challenger good and bad.

Views: 328

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i'll try a pro and soft challenger now. thanks for the comments guys.
So nobody wants to be honest with you. The Challenger was copied from the Aviar. Bottom line. You can't triple stamp a double stamp. If Innova had patented thier designs there would be no Disccrap.
Jamie said:
So nobody wants to be honest with you. The Challenger was copied from the Aviar. Bottom line. You can't triple stamp a double stamp. If Innova had patented thier designs there would be no Disccrap.

wow, didn't see on your page where ya worked for discraft....or the patent department for innova.
and everyone copies everyone else, its how this market works. people copy, people improve. if it werent for discraft pushing plastic blends, we might all be throwing dx still. unless you only throw dx jamie, you should thank discraft for that.

coolhand, the challenger is a great mold. from the dx bigbeads that ive thrown, the challenger is just a tiny touch more HSstable and i like the plastic blend better. great for anything that has room for a putter line inside 260 for me, as well as forehand and backhand approach shots, or putting in the wind. they also make the challenger in a soft plastic of which many people around here use as their go-to putter.

Jamie said:
Why don't you go ahead and name for us the molds that are all copied. I would like to hear some enlightenment. I am not sure if you own a challenger, I own both challengers and aviars beaded & non-beaded, when I look at them side by side the challenger has a different shape top and a different beveled side profile, very small bead on the bottom. I would say that is the difference. Even if Innova had a patent I would think that just by looking at it there is enough differences to have it's own patent, which it does. Also isn't the Challenger available in more plastics than the Aviar, I would say that is an advantage.

Jamie said:
Jamie said:

aaaaaahahahahahahahahaaaaa
I have a Pro D Soft Challenger that is beat half to death. It has thumb prints all over the top of the disc and over the years the flight plate has sunken in. It is without a doubt my number one "GO TO" disc. I use it for any upshot less than 250 ft. I know exactly what this disc will do in any situation. It has always been very predictable since day one. I would highly recommend these to anyone!
so i did not realize the challenger had a bead on it. is it very small like on a voodoo or larger like on a wizard?
Coolhand said:
so i did not realize the challenger had a bead on it. is it very small like on a voodoo or larger like on a wizard?

It's small like the voodoo...that's probably why l liked throwing my friend's voodoo the other day (though I won't switch). It's not nearly as big as the jk and kc aviar mold. On my putter of 5 years, is completely worn off. I think it's very comfortable in the hand, and that's one of the main reasons I throw the challenger.
Small enough that most people don't even know it's there. I'm not familiar with the voodoo so I don't know how it would compare.
Jamie said:
If innova had patented thier designs there would be no Disccrap.

If my memory hasn't failed me, Innova patented the beveled edge, and subsequently there was a suit and settlement against all of the other companies. In fact, again if my memory hasn't failed me and the rumormill is in fact true, part of the settlement was the insurance policy taken out at the 2002 World's for the players to have a shot at a $10,000 ace pot. I'm not elephant, so this info could all be wrong.
My_Hero said:
Jamie said:
If innova had patented thier designs there would be no Disccrap.

If my memory hasn't failed me, Innova patented the beveled edge, and subsequently there was a suit and settlement against all of the other companies. In fact, again if my memory hasn't failed me and the rumormill is in fact true, part of the settlement was the insurance policy taken out at the 2002 World's for the players to have a shot at a $10,000 ace pot. I'm not elephant, so this info could all be wrong.

My Hero.....I think your memory is correct since I remember Mike Raley mentioning something to me this past sunday during dubs about that timeframe being associated with several lawsuits......

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968