www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

could someone tell me what the discraft challenger is similar to? also, thoughts about the challenger good and bad.

Views: 327

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mike said:
Small enough that most people don't even know it's there. I'm not familiar with the voodoo so I don't know how it would compare.

I would agree with this statement. I DIDN"T realize it was there (because my had worn off) until I got a new one and I said, "well what do you know, it has a bead." :-) I bought the first one before I realized that some putters have beads and others do not.
I've heard the same kind of thing since I'm always stuck on the bottom card with old guys. The lawsuit was tried in Austin so John Houck or Arthur H should know more if they care to share details.

Peter Kunoff said:
My_Hero said:
Jamie said:
If innova had patented thier designs there would be no Disccrap.

If my memory hasn't failed me, Innova patented the beveled edge, and subsequently there was a suit and settlement against all of the other companies. In fact, again if my memory hasn't failed me and the rumormill is in fact true, part of the settlement was the insurance policy taken out at the 2002 World's for the players to have a shot at a $10,000 ace pot. I'm not elephant, so this info could all be wrong.

My Hero.....I think your memory is correct since I remember Mike Raley mentioning something to me this past sunday during dubs about that timeframe being associated with several lawsuits......
I have a Elite X Soft Challenger at bizzrdiscs.com
charles lignos said:
i'll try a pro and soft challenger now. thanks for the comments guys.
I have learned to love this disc after spending 30mins a day for 30 days straight putting with it last year. before then I had tried an aviar, xd, aero,magnet,birdie,Puttr, Original roc and I'm sure there are more. The whole thing with putting is to find something you like and stick with it. Who cares who makes it (although I try and only throw discraft. Just some glow that's innova) The more you put with the same disc the better you will get with that disc. The challenger is also very consistent from run to run IMO. I have 18 or 19 different Challengers and can put effectively with any of them. but they all fly different when you drive with them. Bottom line is the Challenger rocks

Throw Discraft
Garrett
Best putter in my hand is the soft challenger. I have many of them and love them all
Garrett Graham said:
Best putter in my hand is the soft challenger. I have many of them and love them all

It's too tacky for me in the summer, but I went out wintergolfing (which I don't do too often) and found that it felt exactly like my pro d challenger does in the summer. I'm glad I have one to fill that niche!
Still more rigid in the summer than the Soft Magnet and grabs the chains oh so nice

Brandon Swanson said:
Garrett Graham said:

It's too tacky for me in the summer, but I went out wintergolfing (which I don't do too often) and found that it felt exactly like my pro d challenger does in the summer. I'm glad I have one to fill that niche!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968