www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

As a Michigan disc golfer I try to throw a lot of Discraft plastic.  Recently I have been trying to find a new fairway driver.  I currently throw a Teebird and like it because I can rip on it flat and it goes straight and if I put it on a hyzer it flies with hyzer, same with anny.  I would like to get a Discraft disc that flies like this.  I have a Stalker but just haven't had the results with it.  I see that many pros are throwing Avengers for straight shots.  Is the X Avenger a good disc for this?  Anyone have any favorites or recommendations? 

Views: 469

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The  Avenger and Avenger SS throw straight or you can throw a decent anny. not too much power needed to get a solid 300 ft.

I currently throw an avenger ss for rollers. It flips really fast for me even when thrown with hyzer.

Is the Stalker too 'flippy'?If so, switch to a Cyclone.

Ti Stalker.

Any difference in flight to my first run z?
Yea I can't seem to just rip it low and straight. It seems to want to just turn and ride right. No luck hyzer flipping it either.

the Ti Stalker seemed REALLY overstable for me, maybe I got a bad one?

Only throw Discraft mids.  Love the Lat 64 goldline river though.  If you can find latitude 64 discs where you are at this is a great all around fairway driver.

Hey I reside in the mitten as well, and there are a couple nice fairway drivers to checkout from Discraft. An X avenger might be nice when it's beat in a bit, but it's a fairly stable disc for a fairway driver. My highest recommendation would be to try an ESP Impact. Easy to throw nice and straight, also a great anhyzer disk! You could also try out an X Stratus, or a Glide. Those are easy to throw straight as well. You might even like the Eclipse, it's an old school driver but it's still a great flyer. I have a couple Stalkers myself, and I like the ESP ones the most, but they are a lot more stable than these discs.

100% true... my gold line River is my 2nd favorite disc overall... 1st is my gold line Flow.. I know that discgolfstore.com sells em and no shipping over $12.00

Try Innova Plastic , unless you are Sponsored by Discraft.

I'm a bit new to the sport but aren't Stalkers long distance/ultra distance drivers or whatever?  I thought fairway drivers were lower speeds like the Leopard.  Which is my favorite so far since I can hyzer it out straight or hyzer it a bit more to get it to turn over.  I really like the Stalker.  I unfortunately just lost mine on a bad through and a large pond that came out of nowhere!.. thinking of getting the same weight (172g) in titanium.  Btw.. they do not float. =(

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968