www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Okay you guys i know my last post SUCKED haha.  I'm gonna try to pick a better "discussion" topic.  

So which is it...Innova or Discraft? Innova has won many more world tournaments (fact).  But Discraft seems to be more of the leader in the sport.  I see more Discraft online than Innova,  more youtube videos, all sorts of stuff.  I started early with Innova, so I've kind of stuck to that.  It seems like Discraft discs arent as explained and are harder to distinguish.  Who knows...what do you guys think?  please no hating comments..im not here to pick sides..just love talking disc golf.

Views: 97

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i started out with innova then moved over to discraft then moved back to innova but now i'm aliken the lattude 64 plastic . and who knows i might like something else by christmas time . i wil let you know .
throw what you know. i've heard some people talk about lack of consistency with brand X and brand y, but i've not noticed it. whatever disc (or brand) you trust is the best one. personally, i use both as well as gateway and latitude 64. i've also thrown DGA and Ching.

and if you have trouble knowing what the discraft (or any other brand) does, here's a flight chart that breaks it down pretty well:

http://gottagogottathrow.com/discgolf/pdf/JoesFlightChart1.pdf?osCs...
I started with Innova, now have Discraft, Gateway, and Latitude 64.
I went out to buy a new disc yesterday, i started looking at the discraft and the only one that felt good was the Surge.
Hahaha this again.... It's all about location, down in Louisiana all I could buy is innova, but in Indiana I see more discraft. I vote innova, but it's hard to say who is the best.
Growing the sport - Innova
Teaching the sport - Discraft
Disc preformance - Discraft
Discraft's Ace Race
Innova's World biggest disc golf weekend
Novice level disc- innova
Disc for woman - innova
I agree with Eric, it's a regional thing and a learned behavior...I learned by throwing Gateway, and although I throw a combination of Innova, Discraft, Lat 64,and Quest, I still throw a lot of Gateway...I'm just really comfortable with it and I like to support the smaller manufacturers...I do plan on buying some ABC discs also..bottom line, it's not what you throw, but how well you throw what you have...
I buy everything and play with it and see what I want in my bag. My buying addiction has been massively curtailed as of late...at the same time I've bought and thrown pretty much every major known mold. Ahh, that is the reason I'm not buying as much plastic anymore...
at first I was all Innova because that was the only thing I was introduced to and thats all sports stores would sell, but discraft definitely has mid ranges down, the buzzz is badass, but so is the roc
completely agree.
hell yeah. Both discs kill it. For me, the Roc.
haha i love how you refer to it as your buying addiction, i also feel the same way. My urge to go out and buy a new disc is tempting and i often fail to triumph over it. I insist to my self that i need new plastic, but then again, i can throw my usual 11 under on a round of 18 with what i have already. But never will i not continue searching for my soul family of discs! haha. its crazy man. just crazy.
Its great that their are 2 'big' companies pushing each other, who knows maybe more will join the race. Its healthy for the sport.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968