www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Does anyone have any info on this disc. I got an email from Discraft that they were
releasing it this weekend at the am nationals. Any more info out there?

Views: 176

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow they really gave away a disc u cant use (legally) Ihope its not in your bag at a tourney. Why set up the amateurs with an illegal disc. Poor ams just learning and being steared adrift.
And evidently one player used a Ringer for one shot during the event and got stroked for it.

The players were repeatedly warned that the new discs were not yet legal.

It is not uncommon for new discs to be released at major events. Discraft has released new discs at the Discraft Great Lakes Open and other select events for years.

Tournaments have always been times for the debut of new things. How many new courses have been opened just in time for a tournament? How many World Championships use brand new courses? A tournament creates a cut-off date and forces things to get done. Sometimes things get done just barely in time. A few days before Am Nats Discraft was not happy with the plastic blends in the Ringer and debated whether to release it or change the mold and test it some more. The last run of plastic tested came out superbly so it went into the player's packs.

I would guess the players would rather have prototypes of new discs, even if they were not yet approved, than to not receive them. No matter the disc, few players would show up to a major event and add a new mold disc to the bag. Most players will test out a new disc for days or weeks before being confident enough to use it in tournaments.

BTW, the "poor ams just learning and being steered adrift" are some of the top Amateur players in the world and most are veterans of tournament play. The player who was stroked is a tournament veteran and has pro level skills. He is also my friend so I get to harass him.
Opps !!!! Tournament Director did not warn players ? Maybe he didn't even know ?
Chad, I probably have a lifetime supply but still happy to make the trade. Weren't you looking for an "08 Ace Race disc?
Can't wait to find out who that is ;)
I threw the Stalker today and really liked it. It went exactly where I was throwing it. I throw hard but it didn't turn over. I half expected it to looking at the shape of the disc. It isn't a disc that you have to get the feel for. It goes right in your hand and comes out smooth. I parked a downhill 340 hallway shot on a practice drive with the Stalker. Hole 18 at Robert Morris Park in Kalamazoo, MI if anyone is familiar or interested.
Now with these new discs out I can't wait to throw Josh's ringer to see if I like it. I just hope they come up with a sweet color for them because that milky color is bleh.
Question... So if this disc is a tweener, would it be like a leopard? More distance than a roc, but not as much as a real driver like a t-bird.
Answer: Nope, the Stalker is Discraft therefore superior to all other plastic. Aside from that fact, it looks almost identical to a t-bird, just a really slight bead at the bottom of the rim, and supposedly flies a lot like some t-birds too (since innova is so inconsistent its hard to say what run would be the most similar). I think Mark made an educated comparison to the two discs previously in this thread. I love the disc and find myself replacing my impact, which used to be my "tweener" disc, with the stalker since I can throw it harder and it goes straighter. It probably won't leave my bag for a long time.
leopards have a really slight bead at the bottom. does it hold an anhyzer line like a leopard will?
Just got the Email from Dynamic Disc. check there website out. $16.00 bucks

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968