www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I´ve been thhrowing my Latitude GL Flow 172g for a while. Had some really nice lines and length with it, but it seemed a little inconsistent to me. Perhaps it was me, over torquing it. I´m playing for about a year now.

Then I threw a ESP Surge 172g from a friend and liked it. Now i have two in my bag but didn´t throw it too much yet.
On my last round i gave the Flow another try and was very suprised how long anf straight it flew, with a turnover in a Headwind that really was to neglect.

So, i don´t know it i should keep both molds in my bag.
What do you think, are these quite similar discs? Is there much overlapping?
What is your experience with those two discs?
Thank you!

Views: 170

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The gl flow is my go to backhand driver! It holds some amazing lines!  The surge and I never got along. I had 2 in the bag for a while and I was inconsistent with both. I do know some people that love the surge.

I keep both the surge and the flow in my bag. I agree they are very similar in flight, but mine have subtle differences most likely due to the degree of "break-in". The flow does give me slightly more distance, but not always. I love them both and can't imagine playing without either of them.

I also have both and really LOVE the dependability of both discs, I'm partial to the Flow, but that's mainly because it's my absolute favorite disc.

As I always say, just go with the Flow.

So, do you use the Flow also in a moderate headwind, perhaps a heavier Opto?
What about the Westside Sword with some wind?

The Flow will not handle headwinds very well and the Sword is OK for a mild headwind, but if it's to windy it will flip for sure. Two solid headwind drivers would be the Halo or Riot. I've tried them both and they work very well witha stiff headwind, but for me. The Good old Teerex is my favorite. I just seem to get more "D" with my Teerex. If you can, I'd see if you could try a buddies Halo or Riot first. Because the Riot has a odd rim to it. It's one of those disc that you either love or hate and there's no in between.

I think the Surge is better into a headwind than the Flow, the Flow is more understable but has more glide than the Surge.  I like both molds, I moved from a Surge to a Flow as my go-to driver when the Flow came out.

the flow is slow compared to a surge but goes much further. On a scale from 1-20 id say the surge is a 17 in speed where the flow is a 15. But in glide a flow is an 18 wherein the surge is a 14.

But doesn´t the Surge´s higher speed offset the glide of the Flow?

By the way, I don´t think the Surge has remarkable less glide than the Flow.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968