www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Surfed to Innova's website today and found a video posted 6/25/10.  Innova states that it's a first of a series, starting with putting.

SO, if you haven't watched it, take a look.  Dave Dunipace is host.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz0ak4GP_cg&feature=player_embedded

I know it is their first foray into the YouTube short form instructional video, but it is just that: SHORT!

He's also no Mark Ellis or Scott Papa, and definitely no Sarah DeMar (sigh... LOL), but it looks promising.

What do you all think?  Is it the beginning of some sort of "Clinic War?"

Tags: Discraft, Ellis, Innova, Mark, YouTube, clinic, how, instructional, play, to, More…video

Views: 114

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree! Bring them all on!
The More you Know , the better off you are !!!
Discraft was doing this type of thing way before Innova. Does anyone remember Scott Stokley's Classic Instructional DVD's.
They were sweet!!! Ok, to be honest, watching the credits are more entertaining than the dvd's them selves.
Also as far as discs go Innova has been beating Discraft to the punch for many years now. Most notable would be the Wasp. Innova started with the 2001 CE Roc and a few years later the Wasp was born. Now every one can buy a CE Roc. Now let's take the Challenger. Can we all say Semi-bead Aviar? I can and I like actually like this disc. I believe that Discraft base plastic is a step ahead of innova but not up to par with Gateway. This is why I like the Challenger better than the Semi-bead Aviar. It's firm and grippy but not flimsey. All in all It's seems that this is a sport of follow the leader. This kind of worries me because if the PDGA keeps shooting down new innovative designs then don't count on any Super new, super cool stuff in the near future.
I love competition and would love to see more instructional videos. There is a huge talent pool between both companies and I think all of us in the disc golf community would like to hear their tips.
Scott's videos are pretty good, I love this humor and he gave a lot of good tips that helped redefine my game. I'm still a noob and have been playing since May of '09, so I have a lot to learn.
it would be cool to see some more 'tip' videos.

i can already see future posts:
"which putting video is better,discraft or innova?"
"i just watched innova's 'how to gain more D',but i throw discraft,will it make a difference?"
I am sure you are right about future posts. I think, if it comes down to "I throw X, will it make a difference," the hardest part for me is understanding the Discraft rating system with all the arrows and numbers. Innova makes it much less complicated. Now, I don't want to give a company a plug, but discgolfcenter.com does use what seems to be the Innova rating system on ALL manufacturers discs. Makes it somewhat simpler to figure it out what Discraft will be comparable to Innova, Gateway, etc. As far as plastics, whole different story.
Yess in full agreement, the more the better!!! This kinda thing is great for the sport!!! great for the golfer, and great for sales!!

Blake
IMO, disc technology has already outgrown the majority of courses. If we keep going faster, it will only widen the gap between players- players throwing 300 will now throw 350/ those throwing 500 will then throw 600.

I did like the ss vids, especially when he "tested" the discs. Though the only gripe I had was the same one I have for the dc vids- too general. I prefer things to be broken down. The vest example of this I've seen is the feldburg putting clinic or the beato vid. I look forward to what innova will produce. I would suggest labeling vids; intro/beginner/advanced

yes it seems that lately dc has been playing catch up, but can we say cyclone:)
New sidearm video... http://youtu.be/8fzYqc9b_lU

it's a little longer this time. too bad he doesn't have anyone with him. Jenkins, Climo, or Schultz would be a nice add for pros...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968