www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I proudly carry a mixed bag. A veritable "hodgepodge" of plastic, if you will. Now, I admit to being a tad curious about something. Why is it that every topic posted on this site soon turns into a argument about which brand of disc is better? I understand having a preference for a certain disc over a similar disc, but preferance for an entire brand? Honestly, I think it's stupid. Why choose to miss out on a company's entire offering of oppertunities all for the sake of meaningless loyalty?

"I won't throw (place brand here). Thier discs are crap!"

Really? Every single disc they make is crap? How do you know? Have you thrown every disc they've ever made? I find it very, VERY hard to believe that there isn't one single disc made by the 'other guys' that, if you threw it, you wouldn't like it. What is with this loyalist mentality that seems to have overtaken seemingly sane individuals? According to this logic, when I tee off with my Wraith and hole out with my Rattler, I should be immediately burned at the stake for heresy. What is it about one brand that is so superior to the others? Let's be real about it, folks. They all do the same thing. They make discs for our enjoyment. Why even make it an issue? These are not rhetorical questions, people. Someone, please tell me.

And, please, let's keep it civil...

Views: 410

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh yea, Sport Discraft Throw Innova. Special Thanks to JCThrills for this link.

http://www.motorcitychaingang.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=346
It's ok Lotto most of us understand =)
My only major preference stems from the fact that I am a known Blue supremicist. That right, I said it. Blue discs are the best and are taking over, From my blue Wizards to my Avengers and Bosses, its all about the Blue. Take that brand loyalists.
well the reason I stick mostly with one brand is there are so many disc and opions out there that if you listen to everyone and go get this and that disc from diff brands you end up with lots of different brands of very similar disc if you have the money for it fine but that being said I throw mostly innova but only because around here tulsa ok they are easy to get diff molds and weights you can almost find it all they do have some gateway, disccraft, millilium just not as much and innova has great disc but even in just this one company they have many very similar molds and they all just keep cranking them out. I think back to when I use to carry only 1 driver and 1 putter and usually made par even though I have about 30 disc I only prob really need about 5 I even threw some brand from walmart that the plastic was crap but the disc flew well.
slowRoll said:
My only major preference stems from the fact that I am a known Blue supremicist. That right, I said it. Blue discs are the best and are taking over, From my blue Wizards to my Avengers and Bosses, its all about the Blue. Take that brand loyalists.
Slowroll is that you in your pic with a red disc better change your pic quick red disc is like the bloods vs the crips lol!
Great Taste...No, Less Filling
You weren't supposed to notice that. Thats the Red valk I lost playing that course Richmond Hill in NC. It had a TN stamp on it and everything. It was shortly there after that I realized why I kept losing so many discs. Turns out, I'm R/G colorblind. But you know what I don't lose, blue discs. Thats right baby, Blue power!

Jordan smith said:
slowRoll said:
Slowroll is that you in your pic with a red disc better change your pic quick red disc is like the bloods vs the crips lol!
Doesn't matter . It's the Archer not the Arrow !!
I know for a Fact that each Disc company makes Something Great that flys Awesome !!!!

You need to Experiment with the Best of what each company has to offer !!! This takes some time and patience.

If your Sponsored , always Thank them when you Win !!!

I just Love Good Disc Golf Plastic !!!! Who doesn't ?
I love good disc golf plastic too...and how you put a space between the last letter in your sentence and the four exclamation points that follow !!!!

Donny Olow said:
I know for a Fact that each Disc company makes Something Great that flys Awesome !!!!

You need to Experiment with the Best of what each company has to offer !!! This takes some time and patience.

If your Sponsored , always Thank them when you Win !!!

I just Love Good Disc Golf Plastic !!!! Who doesn't ?
I just like the fact that Innova and Discraft and the other companies try to out-do each other with better, high-tech designs.
This only benefits the players!
Remember that and encourage your company to make something really nice.
You should only be loyal to a disc company if you are on the team, or if you wantto be on the team and you are showing your loyalty even before joining.
Otherwise, experiment with everything because different discs do different things for different people.
I know people who will be loyal and keep replacing a certain type of disc from the same company forever because that disc works really good for their arm speed and snap.
I say, as a competitive athlete, to experiment and find what works for you, and then use it to your advantage.
Learn what the particular disc does, in an open field, then apply that to the course when you need that particular shot.
Golf is about comfort and confidence....learn to relax and trust your discs and they will reward you!
i just like the brand innova. i am not a hater. i want to go pro some day and it will be easier to have only one brand of disc
just throw what works for you and be nice to all the other discgolfers.lol

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968