www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

2 discs of the week for me this week... My game has been suffering and I realized I had gotten Horribly Lazy with my throws. Fixed my form and now I am back on track. These 2 discs helped me see the Benefits to throwing correctly.

1st, 157gm Innova Star Vulcan~I was hesitant to try the Vulcan again. Never worked well for me. But, I went as Light as I could find. My BEST throws come in around 350-360ft. The Vulcan bested that a few times this week for me. Nice, controlled distance. Got one out about 370ft today and it was Still 20ft in the air. Luckily, it hit a tree and stopped. 

2nd, 175gm Discmania S-Line Gremlin. More predictable than the Hornet, Gator, or ANY other Over Stable mid I have tried. I think the little rim Helps. Parked a couple holes with it this week I usually don't get close too. I like it A LOT.

That's all I got to say about that.....

Views: 168

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Love the subject line.... good idea! :)  

Don't really like the Vulcan.... inside of the rim is so thin and tough for me to grip.  I haven't thrown the Gremlin, but have fallen in love w/ the Warship, which is a similar disc.  Another disc I am loving is the blizzard Destroyer at 151.... really getting some big distance hyzers out of it.

Well Thank Christian! Lol. :P

You know, I never used to like the Vulcan either, But, for some reason I keep coming back to it. I think it has to do with the thin rim. With my little Hobbit hands, it is one of the 13 speed discs I can comfortably grip.

I have heard WONDERFUL things about the Warship. I may touch one SOMEDAY, but I kinda don't want to cause I am so happy with my bag right now. Lol. 

I tried 2 different Blizzard Destroyers. I CANNOT throw a DX or Star Destroyer. I do not have the arm yet. The 1st Blizzard I tried was a 150gm and I was actually turning it over HARD. The 2nd 150gm I tried was a Meathook. I couldn't throw it 250ft! No more Blizzard Destroyers for me, for awhile anyway....

I did order a Blizzard Discmania DD2 Frenzy in 150gm today... Looking forward to trying that out... :)

Have you tried the Japan Open Destoyers? Their in the 150ish class in Star plastic. They screeeeeeem! I can't throw the heavier Destroyers, but these are awesome! I must add one thing though. Due to the weight, I've grip locked them at times, but once you get use to the weight. They are very nice into a headwind!

NOTE: haven't tried the Blizz stuff, but the Japan Destroyers I have are by no means overstable.

I have NOT tried the Japan Open Destroyers!! I may have to look into that!! Thanks Rescue... :)

I love my Vulcan for sure. Although sometimes it won't come back for me (Flips). Found a couple "ChampyStars" and they hold up pretty good.

Ahhh the Gremlin. No disc like it for sure! Just wish it had longer legs. Just couldn't find a home in my bag.

Have you had a chance to try a Classic Roc? For me it's that perfect disc in close (100' or so). Putter stable, but a nice shallow rim for a clean release. The Classic Roc is my "make-a-da-gooda-shot"

I also went to a lighter Vulcan (162 grams). It gets thrown a lot along with my Westside Discs King and Skyquest Medusa. One of the longest throws I have ever made was with a Lemon Lake Katana. All very similar discs with slight differences.

The gremlin is my sweetheart too! Never blamed the Gremlin for a bad shot. my buddy shoots a Vulcan for 350 sidearm and only 200 feet backhand. I need to learn one

Great subject line.  And kudos on getting your game back in line.  I used CFR Gremlins 3-4 years ago, they were my favorite mid for a long time.  I've heard some of the new Discmania Gremlins can get pretty overstable, they would have been a nice compliment to my pretty flippy pair.  

Hmmm S'line Gremlin, sounds like a disc I had at one time, You should try a Drone if you like that lol.

I'm having form issues now also, I learned to keep my non throwing hand down to my side and its giving me a crap load more power. However I'm having issues with release height, and stability issues with this new power.

Hey Man, the Gremlin is the ONE disc I DIDN"T get from you!!! LOL. The Drone has to deep of a rim And is to Domey for my Hand....

Ohhh my bad I just figured it was the MD1.... never mind... I guess I'll have to look into that if I ever get sick of the Drone and Hornet.

Lol! I didn't mean that in a Bad Way.... ;)

The Gremlin is quite a bit more stable than that MD1 you sent me, but not as stable as a Drone, IMO. The thing I like about it is it REALLY seems to like to Glide, ALOT! Nice and stable, but wants to stay in the air too. Pretty Sweet....

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968