www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Sometime during the Ace Pool Shoot-out at DGLO yesterday, someone stole the 2 discs from my players pack and about 8 out of my bag!!! Hate to bring a bad connotation to the tournament, Terry made the players' pack extra fat and the payouts were awesome. I'm pretty pissed about getting my stuff stolen though. The ONE time I leave my car unlocked consciously, not worrying about fellow disc golfers stealing my stuff, this happens. My wallet was in my center console with cash in it, but it wasn't even touched, so i think its safe to say another player did it. Name and number are on the back of most of them, so if you see some discs that say Sean Blazo #38214 and my phone number on them, gimme a shout.

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I found out last night that this same thing happened to a friend of mine. He forgot and left them in the back of his truck in his driveway. The stupid thing is the guy that stole them sold them to Play it Again Sports in Fort Worth and gave his name and address. What a dumbass, I mean if you're gonna steal them and sell them, why would you give your name. It a good thing criminals are stupid people. So now my buddy has the information to proceed with criminal charges against the guy. So check and see if he sold them to a second hand store if you have one that sells discs.
Speaking of, I think it is really shady of Play it again sports to buy discs with peoples names on them. Especially when the person walks in the store and none of the discs they are trying to sell have their name on them, or they have a stack of 50 with different names on everyone of them. Some of the jerks here go swimming in the pond at Iroquois and take them to play it again and sell them. I have come across several of mine that way and have since Boycotted our local store for buying them! I spoke with the owner and he doesn't seem to care at all. He says it's all about profit. They should not be allowed to do this!!!
This brings up the question if you see a disc with your name on it at the store what do you do?

They bought it so is it theirs? or is it yours because it has your name and information on it? Could they be held as an accomplice to any crime that was committed in aquiring that disc?

Mark Ellis, any thoughts?
I Blaze,

I still have a Teal Blue 177gr FLX Buzz I got in a trade from you. I have used it very little, as I love my Drone and Wasp. Your welcome to it. Just let me know.
Hey John, I remember that trade. I lost that Surge SS in the Winter at Oshtemo, then got it back about a month ago from a homeless guy at Robert Morris!! Thanks for offering man, I'll take you up on that. I'll be in the Ann Arbor area this weekend, but it shouldn't be too long before I head back to Battle Creek for some discing. You do live in the Battle Creek area right? I'll give you Innova plastic I find or get in players packs in the meantime if you want it. Take it easy man, and I'll let you know next time I plan on heading out there.
My faith in fellow disc golfers has been rejuvenated and now its higher than ever! Thanks everyone!!!
With regard to coming across your plastic in a second hand store.....

I have had this happen to me a couple times.

The 1st time I just showed the pimply face 16 year old behind the counter my ID, went and grabbed my bag with 20 more discs with my name on it, and he gave me the disc back for free.

The 2nd time was at a pawn shop. I showed my ID and he sold it back to me for there $4 cost.

Both were Champion Edition Teebirds and worth every penny.

Ahhhh a true tweaker Disc thief, selling $50 CE plastic for $4 at second hand store.....

I always worry about my plastic when I travel. I've been blessed with enough CE to throw for life......It gets exhausting keeping such good tabs on it though...

My 2 cents...
i know the topic isn't funny but that was Dirty!! LOL
sorry thtat happened to you but now you know never to leave your car unlocked still disc golf never seemed like the sport where people steal equipment the people are usually friendly
Dude if they come to texas i got em! Same stuff happened yesterday. Someone had stole my friends champion rock candy red man and he wouldn't give it back... I told my friend we will get it back by force next time... these kids seem to think they find it they keep it. even if a name and number are on it. All this is going to do it get someone hurt... think smart kids
dude, i have discraft coming out of my ass......just look through my shit next time i see you. i got a new Z force, a newer flx buzz, 2 zones....the list goes on.
Mr. Ellis, I had a Shuttle Puppy and a Pluto Platter in the bag stolen out of my 1982 Yugo while I was walking an elderly lady across the street because the electricity was out at the intersection because the flood that swept away my house had short circuited the electric company's substation, which started a fire that burnt down the office where I work.

If there is anything you can do...

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968