www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'm taking a trip by plane and am taking my discs and bag. I want to know if anyone has had a problem tanking them CARRY ON. I don't want to to check them if i don't have to. I'm thinking that the airlines may consider them weapons on some far out planet.  If anyone has info about this please share. Thanks

Views: 5

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I flew from Dallas to Salt Lake City. They pulled me to the side and went through my entire bag, but let me through with no problem.
I had the same experience. They searched my bag and asked me what they were. It was no problem though.
you'll be fine. first time thety searched my bag, but last time didn't even give it a second look.
Just be real careful if you bring any "disc golf enhancer" with you
I recently flew to and from Orlando, and carried on my bag. They didn't even stop me to check through the bag on the flight to or from. If you carry anything in your bag like a knife, or lighters, or nail clippers, or anything else you don't think that you should take on a plane make sure you take it out of your bag and you shouldn't have a problem.
If you have gel straps you might .
good point Ed!!!
Generally must don't have a problem. I do Know a guy that stuck his MP3 player in the end of his bag next to his discs...that earned him a little sideline chat with the TSA.

When you pass through the screening devices...and if they ask....Don't share your thoughts about what they might think of discs as being weapons or not. Because they can be...we all know what a max weight champ Boss could potentially do to some uppity Jihad est's forehead. LMAO!!!
Put any Electronic devices in check in , just in case. I think you can still fly with your laptop though and cell phone.

I fly alot and have not had any problems with my carry on Disc Golf equipment , including Stool and umbrella.

They still ask me to remove my shoes though.

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968