www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I recently began playing disc golf again and have fallen in love with the sport.  Just finished an AM tourney and have watched every video on the web (including fundementals by climo/feldberg and scott stokely's vids) but i seem to be at a wall with increasing my distance.

I seem to throw my buzzz around 350ft very accurately and my tee bird to about 400ft but when i throw any high speed driver i can't seem to get it to go any further than 400ft.  Not to mention i have to S curve my drivers as well to get them to go that far. 

Hopefully that example might have been a similar problem for a few others and please let me know how they/you over came this.

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

you dont need any distance help!
yea if you're throwing 400 feet you don't have a problem. I would cheerfully cut off my pinkie toe to be able to throw 400'
Try a Nuke
go out to a feild and just throw, and rip the disc as hard and as far as you can and keep it up
ty guys for all the replies. I know many people that would love to be able to throw like i do atm, but i really feel like im at a plataeu and can't break past it. I have been doing a lot of field work as well but is it really just building up those fast twitch muscles or is the fact that im having a problem with high speed drivers meaning there's another problem (spin, timing, etc)
Stokely's video added 40-50 ft. to my drive in a day when I got it in '04
Maybe its time to get those back from the friends i loaned them to =)
Yeah, Stokely's videos helped out a lot when it came to distance, most people never really reach their potential.

Simple question though...are you reaching back fully? Like turning your and hips 180 degrees from the target?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968